Chapter 85

[Lucy]

"Sherlock?" I asked confused and looked at the hamster and then back to Harry. Big green eyes are looking at me and his expression is a mixture of surprise and concern.

"I don't know what you're talking about," he tried to grab the hamster but I dodged him.

"This is my hamster too," I stepped back because again he was very close. "Are you going to say something?"

"I don't know what to say," he shrugged and I looked at his swallows under his collarbone.

"Harry, this is my—" I stop when the hamster bites my hand. "Did Sherlock just bite me?"

"He always does that," this time Harry grabbed the animal and Charlie tried to take off my glasses. "I think it would be better if you come in."

Charlie shifted uneasily in my arms and I put him back to the floor. The little boy ran into the house and my eyes met Harry. We are alone in the entrance of his house, my muscles are tense because he keeps looking at me. Lately I feel that his eyes are always piercing me, it's very intimidating.

"You can come in if you want,” he repeated.

His invitation is tempting but I wonder if he is alone.

"It's just me and Charlie if that's what you are wondering."

How did he know?

"Fine," I muttered and seconds later my body is inside of his warm home.

Charlie is sitting on the couch, I sat down beside him and Harry walked in front of us. I want him to put a shirt on or something because honestly I can't concentrate with him only wearing yellow shorts, it's too much for me.

"I’ll be right back," he said and ran upstairs.

I sighed, releasing air that I didn’t know I was holding. Styles didn't take too long and soon he returned wearing a black shirt and with Sherlock's cage in his hands.

He placed the cage on the coffee table and then he sat on the single sofa. We looked at each other with arms crossed and the only sound between us is Charlie and his toys.

I debated in my mind what I should say, I came for a reason and now I found out about this new surprise. When it comes to Harry there is always something new.

The silence was killing me just like his eyes.

"Harry, this hamster is mine too," I whispered.  "Why did you hide it from me?"

"Why did you forget him?" He answered with another question. First I was surprised, but suddenly I feel a little annoyed.

"Are you really asking me that?" I raised my eyebrows. "I-I was completely devastated after what you did, I thought about the hamster but I didn't want to see you again. I know I would cry like the stupid girl I am and I couldn't do it. I was very devastated, I cried a lot, suffered a lot and ate lots of ice cream and locked myself in my house. Somewhere along the way I forgot about Sherlock because of the evil things you did,” I spoke, not spilling hate but I acted calmly.

We looked at each other and again Charlie's toys are all we can hear. His beautiful green eyes are piercing me but I tried to hold his gaze. He doesn't seem angry or indifferent, he seems thoughtful or nervous or perhaps...hurt?

"You're killing me, Lucy ..."

"Good," I muttered.

"Yes, really good," he said sarcastically.