Chapter 3

Edited by 1Direction2340

[Lucy]

"Are you okay?" I ask Harry as we enter the house. I look down at his hand, which is still grabbing my arm. His knuckles are bloody and tainted blue, a sure sign of bruising. 

I can’t stop thinking about Ryan and his poor friends. He used to be my best friend. I would defend him in every situation and now, I can’t even say anything. 

"Your forehead is bleeding heavily and so are your knuckles, Harry." 

He releases me from his grasp when we get to the kitchen. 

"Yeah, they are." He replies coolly. He turns his back and walks out of the room. 

I stay quietly in the kitchen and bite my lip. I guess I must have slipped back into reality. My time with Harry Styles is over; it was nice while it lasted, I guess. 

What impressed me most, however - not including the fact that Harry actually talked to me - was that he knew my full name. Nobody calls me Lucinda, except for my mother. 

"Lucy, Lucy!" I hear Cassie's voice behind me. I turn and collide with my friend. 

"AAAAH, LUCY!" She grabs me by the shoulders and shakes me. 

"Cassie, what happened?" I ask while trying to push my glasses back up the bridge of my nose. 

"I saw you with Harry Styles and he even called you by your real name ... what the fuck was that!?" She asks me with an excited smile stuck on her face. 

I shrug. "I have no idea, it was all very strange." 

"Let me tell you- you're the most envied person at this party now!" She says,  jumping up and down. 

She leads me out of the kitchen and I look around the house. I see different people all gazing directly at me. This definitely runs the old saying: "If looks could kill ..." 

This is just like the time when Anakin and Obi wan Kenobi faced each other, with all the anger in their fight. These girls just might try to kill me like Anakin wanted to kill Obi wan.  

 "Are you there, Lucy? What are you thinking about?" Cassie snaps her fingers in front of my face. 

I jumped. "Nothing ... I just think this whole thing is like when Anak ...." 

"Don’t talk about Star Wars ..." She interrupts me with a frown. "Be normal, please." I groan and nod. Cassie changes the topic. "Harry kissed you?" 

I raise my eyebrows in surprise. What? Does she think he kissed me? I don’t understand why she is asking me this, Harry will never kiss me and I wouldn’t let him if he tried. I haven’t even had my first kiss yet. 

"Course not." I answer, offended. 

I'm not ashamed. Although I suppose that is not common. I am literally an extinct species; I must be the only 17 year old girl who hasn’t had her first kiss and it’s probably obvious that I’m also a virgin. 

"If you get the chance ... Harry would be a great kisser." She winks. 

"No. I mean, he has kissed a lot of girls, can you imagine how many germs he has in his mouth?" I ask with disgust and Cassie rolls her eyes. 

"You're a party pooper," she complains, looking away from me. "Hey, look!" She points to the living room. "You should go back to your man." My eyes follow in the direction she points. 

Harry is just meters away. I can recognize him by his mop of curls. A girl is with him and his friends. The girl leans her hand on his shoulder and rises on tiptoes to say something to him, then bites his earlobe. 

"Get something to clean him; he still has blood on his forehead." Cassie adds. 

I focus my vision and Cassie is right. Dried blood is placed on Harry’s forehead; surely he must have a bruise. 

"I don’t think-" 

"Oh Lucy, come on ... it's the first guy that looked interested in you." She shakes my elbow persistently.