Chapter 43

LUCY

Fights look better on TV, honestly in real life is much more difficult, especially if it's your first fight. I've never been in favor of violence, I have never hit anyone and I haven't even killed a fly.

I don't know what to do so I grab her hand and Madison slaps me with her free hand. She pulled my hair and I do the same. It hurts so we both shouted.

"Bitch!" She screams pulling my hair harder. I want to cry because it hurts, the root of my scalp is like burning.

I try to get her out of me but it is difficult, even though she is skinny her weight is a lot to me. Maybe if I pulled her hair stronger she could give up.  I try to do it but Madison did the same as she tries to release her other hand of my grip.

"Get off me!" I screamed.

Madison releases my hair and places her hand on my neck and then she just squeezes. I can't let her strangle me, is she crazy or what?

I squirm violently on the floor while I try to shove Madison, she has to stop. I manage to slightly bend my neck and bite her wrist. She curses and her hand is away from my neck and I took advantage of her carelessness to shove her.

I take those seconds to breath, to exhale the air and to feel it in my lungs.

"Idiot!" Madison pulls my hair and in response to I scratch her face.

 She let out a moan and then she kicked me in the stomach and I see stars. The pain is so real and so deep, I choke as I try to breathe but the air doesn't enter in my lungs and my body falls to the ground.

"What is happening?” I heard the voice of my mother. For a moment I forgot the world and I think that Madison too because she looks shocked.

I'm breathing again and the relief travels through my whole body. Slowly my lungs fill with air but I can feel strong pangs in my stomach.

"What the hell is going on here?" Lily shouted angrily. "Were you fighting?"

That's a stupid question, what else could we be doing? I'm on the floor with my hands on my stomach and Madison is against the wall with a scar on her cheek.

"Both, down, now!" My mom says before going down the stairs.

Madison and I exchanged glances, both breathing heavily and overflowing anger in our eyes.

We got up quietly and Madison went down before me. I moaned as I felt a pain in my stomach.

We sat on the couch and watched my mother who stood staring at nothing.

"Who goes first?" Lily finally speaks.

"I'll go first" Madison said with her eyes fixed on my mom. "This is your entire fault!"

"Excuse me?" My mother raised an eyebrow.

"You are lying, you are acting like a bitch, I know that something is happening between you and Professor White" My mother's face decomposes for few seconds, then her gaze becomes tense.

"Professor White's good friend, do not make accusations you can't prove Madison."

"This started because Cassie's boyfriend Matt is with Madison" I spoke weakly.

"What?" My mother cried.

"So? What is your problem? Leave me alone "Madison rolled her eyes.

"It is not right Madison, Matt is lying to Cassie, you're lying... you can still regret about—“