Chapter 4

[Edited by 1Direction2340]

Chapter 4 

The road back home was torture. I remained still, with my forehead against the cold glass, while Harry drove. His hand was still rested on my thigh and that kept me frozen in my seat the entire time. We didn’t talk; the only noise was the radio.

After a minute or so, I told Harry my address. It wasn’t far from the Caddie’s party, but the trip was taking longer than I had expected; or maybe it was the tension surrounding Harry and I that made the car nearly unbearable.

"Harry" I whisper in the dark. " You're on the wrong street." I turn toward him. Harry growls as he sharply turns around. Now, he’s going the right way.. What was he planning? Did he drive the wrong way on purpose? Why? I really need to get out of this car; there’s only a ten minute drive to my house.

"Tell me something about yourself," Harry demands, breaking the silence between us.

"What?"

"Are you deaf or something?" Well, that was rude. "I don’t know anything about you." He lowers his voice and sighs, frustrated.

"Um, well ..." I rack my brain cells... what can I say? "I like reading and watching movies." I bite my lip. "I'm not very interesting. "

Harry smiles at the last thing I say- is he making fun of me? I guess so.

"What about you?" I wonder aloud, prompting him to start a conversation.

Harry frowns. It’s like my question.... bothers him?

"As you can see, I like going out, I like-"

"You like to drink alcohol, you like to smoke, and you like girls." I finish his sentence with a slight smile.

Harry nods. "Good job, nerd."

I can see (through the passenger window) that we are two blocks from my house. Oh good, this night is almost over. Soon, I'll be out of this car and away from Harry Styles.

To kill time, I decided to ask another random question.

"What is your favorite subject?" I say, taking my glasses off to wipe on my shirt.

"Ha, none. They’re all shit.. That's such a nerdy question to ask," Harry laughs softly and turns to me. "You look quite different without glasses." Harry tells me, parking the car on the sidewalk next to my house.

"I guess so." I shrug in response.

Harry removes his hand from my thigh and I sigh in relief. I release my seatbelt with eager fingers. Harry gets out of the car and opens the passenger door. I blink, impressed by his act.

"That’s not really necessary." I tell him as I get off the car.

Harry ignores me, closes the door, and starts walking me towards the entrance of my house.

My house is quite big; my stepfather and my mother are doctors. On the positive side, we have a good life, and Madison and I can have whatever we want. On the negative side my parents are never home, like now. Madison has traveled to New York to visit her twin brother and my parents are working in the hospital, so I guess I’ll be home alone for a while.

We slip through the entrance across the road that leads to the front door.

"What is your favorite subject?" Harry asks me when we stop at the door.

"Um, algebra and geometry. So, I guess, math," I reply with a smile as I pull the house keys out of my pocket.

"You really are a nerd." He says with a grin.