Chapter 25

+ + + +                                   HARRY

- Tuesday. (in the previous chapter was Monday.)

I stretch my legs on the desk of my father. I support my back against the chair and I rest my hands behind my neck.

I am in my father's office. This motherfucker has not answered my calls and I know he's back in town.

I pull my phone from my pocket and I unlock the screen. Lunchtime it's almost over, he'll be here any minute.

I look at the ceiling while I wait for time to pass.

When he is going to be here? I need the money.

Maybe he has something saved here, a few bucks.

I pulled my legs from the desk and I opened one of his drawers. There is only papers and more papers. I pull out the paper sheets and I start to read it. Nothing interesting.

Among the pile of papers a small paper falls. I bend down to pick it up and I realize that is a photograph.

I gulped at the sight.

Is not any photograph.

Gemma and I are both smiling, both are dressed up. It's not halloween, the photograph belongs to the last birthday I enjoyed with my "family". If you could call us a “family”, in my opinion we were far from that.

Gemma is dressed as Snow White while I was as Spiderman. I loved to wear costumes. It was a way to hide Harry for a while and be someone else. It's weird but it was fun.

Seeing this picture and see me dressed as Spiderman reminds me of Lucy, when she started talking about superheroes. It was sweet, all she said. Um, oh well, she's adorable.

I smile wistfully watching the stupid piece of paper, this memory between my fingers. Those were good times.

I don't know why my father keeps this; I don't understand what he pretends. It is useless to hold on to that memory because it doesn't exist. It will never come back; Gemma and I'll never be the same.

I'm back to reality when I heard the sound of the knob turning. I throw the picture and the papers into the drawer.

"What the fuck?" My father almost screamed when his eyes meet mine.

Let the show begin.

"Hi Dad, so long." I smiled falsely.

"How did you get in?" He said closing the door.

"Margaret let me."

"But how?"

"Because I slept with her." I answered with a smile.

"What? What do you mean?"

"Oh, please." I rolled my eyes. "You're not a fucking retard. I've been here other times and I know that you noticed the way she looks at me."

My father frowns and sits in the chair in front of me. Now we are face to face.

"I think you should be proud of me." I said, breaking the silence. "You should have seen how I fucked her, the way she was screaming my name, the way-"

"Enough Harry!" He screams pounding the table with his fist. I shudder at the sudden reaction. The way he screams brings horrible memories to my mind.

I shook my head and I frowned.

"I hope you enjoyed your little vacation with your new girlfriend. How was Miami?"