Chapter 93

[Lucy]

My mind is a very cloudy place at this exact moment, too much shock and feelings hidden inside me, now they are running free and this was not supposed to happen.

I don't know if I would like to change this day, there were actions, facts, truths and it was all so unexpected, I must admit that today was a very special day. I sum up everything as the day of tears and surprises.

Right now I'm crying with my back against the door and Mandy is walking towards me. This is the end of the day so we need to go back to the beginning of everything.

How do we start?

In the morning I woke up tired and late for school. Yesterday I went to the movies with Adam and I got back very late to my house. It was great, I always have fun with him and share my time with Adam is a wise decision. He keeps me busy and we recover the time we lost.

I took a shower as fast as I could and then I ran to my room. I put my underwear and while I'm searching for clothes my eyes landed on the present on my desk. Mom gave me a black and easy to use as a casual dress, she really wanted me to wear it today and I was in the mood to please her.

I appreciate the fact that there is no neckline or something on the dress, my mother finally learned something about myself and my simple tastes.

I placed the dress, a cardigan and I put on a black converse because I didn't know what could be fit with the dress. I dried half of my hair as I could, I throw everything I need in my backpack and I went down to the kitchen and mom was not there. She would take me to school today.

I went upstairs and my mother's door was locked. I was going to knock but mom and Mike were arguing. Everything was fine between them, we went out to dinner and both smiled and talked. What is happening?

I put my ear against the wood and the sound, their voices and words are a little confusing. But I can understand certain phrases. They are discussing but I can't figure out what is the source of all this. Are they lying to me and Madison?

The words they shared and fired to each other remind me exactly on the discussions my parents had before they divorced. Sometimes they acted like nothing in front of me and my brother but then they were arguing and these words are the same and in the same tone.

Is it possible that mom is planning to leave Mike? What do we do and where we would go? What are the reasons? I just hope that another man is not involved. It would break my heart to know that the story could be repeated.

I don't want to leave, I like Mike, he is being very nice to me and he treats me like his own daughter and I'm getting used to being here in this city. Madison is not the best sister one can ask but to have her company vaguely remember me of my brother Daniel. I think I could compare them because both ignored me on different levels.

Well, I know I can't count on mom right now. I walked towards Madison's bedroom and knocked on her door. There was no answer, I opened the door and Madison was not there. Anyway I doubt she could take me to school.

I thought about going on my bike but I need a faster means of transportation.

I grabbed an apple and ran out of the house. I managed to take a taxi and I didn't have a lot of money but it was enough to pay.

I tried not to cry but the situation is very sad. Honestly I don't want mom and Mike to end their relationship.

I got out of the taxi and when my feet landed on the school grounds I regret to be wearing this dress, I’m feeling so stupid right now. I wrapped a scarf in my neck and wiped my tears.