Chapter 95

[Lucy]

The outdoors never felt so good.

I settled my back against the chair and let the sunshine caressed and touched my face. I opened my hands and let the sunshine do its effect.

Maybe if I was here alone, if it was quiet enough, I wouldn't think of anything, I wouldn't suffer or I wouldn't be so stressed out.

"Lucy!" I heard the voice of my mother and my fantasy of being alone disappears.

My eyes fluttered open and I focused my vision to the light. Mom walked towards me with a boy I've never seen. I wanted to cover my face and run away. This is so embarrassing.

"Lucinda, get up," Mom said and I obeyed.

I tried to smile and the boy did the same. I'm sure he is also feeling uncomfortable. He is young and I guess we have the same age.

"Lucinda, this is Zac, he is the son of Dr. Mawson."

"It's nice to meet you," Zac kissed my cheek and I was planning to stretch my hand.

"He wants to be a doctor and he has your age," Lily said and then stepped back before leaving us.

Zac and I looked uncomfortable and we both sat down.

"My mom always does the same, I'm sorry," I mumbled without looking at him, I'm ashamed due to whole the situation.

"It's okay, my dad does that too," Zac nodded and he has beautiful eyes.

"You can go if you want," I said as I settled back in my seat.

Maybe he doesn't want to stay and it is best to clarify it right now, it doesn't bother me at all if he leaves.

"Can I stay? My father is new and this is our first wedding here and I don't know anyone. "

"To be honest I don't know anyone either," I shrugged my shoulders.

"Would you like wine or something?"

"Hm, okay."

"I'll go," he said before I could get up. The boy left and now I'm alone again.

It is the wedding of a friend of my mother, the woman is from the hospital. I am very lonely because Madison is working.

I wanted to use a formal trouser but Mom made ​​me wear a white dress as hers.

I'm not comfortable here because I don't know anyone, there are girls and boys of my age but some seem to know each other and others mixed with the adults. However I don't belong to any group and I don't want to. Being here is not the best but it's something. It is very quiet and I have the view of a beautiful garden.

I took a walk around the garden when I arrived and the daisies were the first thing I saw. Of course it reminded me of Harry and what he said. This time I didn't cry or freaked out because I've done it enough and because I'm in a public place. Plus, I don't want my mother to find out about what is happening.

I see Zac walking towards me and I have no idea what we are going to talk. My mom introduced him because she is clearly trying to get me a boyfriend. But I don't want this, I want Harry but I also want time and peace.

"Red wine," he said and I grabbed the cup.

"Thank you. So, do you like the city? You have many friends?"

"Yes, I like it and I have a couple of friends, what about you?"

"The same."

Awkward silence. I really wish I had a good company because this event has lasted a long time. I wish Harry was here but at the same time I don't. I'd like to see how he would act, how he would move, whether he would be kind to me, if he would grab my hand or hug me.