Chapter 94

[Harry]

I ended up drinking the last sip of my beer and I held the cigarette between my lips. I crushed the can and then got out of the car.

I didn't want to be here but I need to ask something. I walked through the entrance and looked at the neatly and decorated garden, it's filled with green and other colors.

Among the flowers I recognize the daisies and that just reminds me of Lucy, so simple, adorable and hurt. I'm a failure as a person.

My boots hit the cement and my knuckles knocked the wood.

"You can't smoke in here," my mother warned as soon as the door opened.

I threw the cigarette to the ground and crushed it with my boot. I walked into my mother's house, it's simple, it's big but the most important thing here was the backyard, Charlie loves to play there.

I made my way down the hall and I spotted Paolo in the living room, he works with my mom. I have an eye on him.

"Good afternoon, Harry," he greeted with a slight smile.

I smile falsely and pretend to have a gun with my hand. I shot Paolo and then I went to the kitchen.

"Great, Paolo is here," I growled once I walked into the kitchen and Barbara looked at me confused.

"What you want now, little boy?"

"I came to ask something," I shrugged.

"What did you break now?"

"That's not your problem," I grabbed a chocolate chip cookie and put it in my mouth. "What are you doing here and Paolo the idiot?"

"We get together with your mom to share ideas, we want to see if we can create new recipes, we want to be innovators," she smiled and I opened the refrigerator.

"Why don't you have a good vodka in here?" I rolled my eyes and closed the refrigerator. I looked at the table and Barbara had a glass of wine. "Cheater! I want wine too. "

"You're a baby."

"19 years old, okay," I snatched the cup and drank the wine in one gulp. "Not so bad, good choice."

"Now you know about wine?" She raised an eyebrow and I nodded. "And how is your problem? Have you resolved anything? "

Her questions shoved me to my dark side and I feel the nostalgia in every particle of my body.

"Nope, all wrong," I replied and leaned my back against the refrigerator. "But you were right, I'm in love with Lucy."

"It was obvious. So, things are wrong with her too? "

"Yes, I made a mistake and I rushed everything but I couldn't wait anymore."

"Men always made mistake. My husband was the same but we are happily married for many years. Tell me Harry, you're seriously in love with her? "

"Absolutely."

"The thing is, do you project yourself into the future with her?"

"These are not the old days; I hope you're not talking about marriage, Barbara."

"Nope, but I'm talking about something more serious and not just sex and games."

"She's a virgin," I clarified because I don't want Barbara to have a bad perception of Lucy.

"Holy shit," Barbara said, and I thought it was funny to hear that from her.

I helped Barbara to put the cupcakes in the oven and then she poured wine to me and for her.