Chapter 37

.                   HARRY

"So what do we do now?" Lucy asked looking at me through her glasses.

"Um, whatever you want to do," I replied with a shrug.

"Can we go get some ice cream?"

"Sure, you don't have to ask." I nodded and we started walking.

Actually I didn’t know where I could take her or what we could do. Lately, the only thing I do is have sex, but when I was with Emily, things were different, I wasn't a bad boyfriend at all, I guess. The thing is I can't do the same things with Lucy that I did with Emily, they're both very different, Emily was more like me. We used to spend our time, getting drunk, getting high and having sex....basically. I don't need anyone to tell me that Lucy is not interested in those types of things.

So I find it difficult to know what normal people do. I don't say -"the couple"- because um, Lucy and I are in 'something' but without labels, officially.

We went to an ice cream shop and we wait. Lucy doesn't dare to look at me, her eyes are glued to her feet. I tucked a strand behind her ear and Lucy remained still for a few seconds.

The silence is killing me so it's best to talk about anything.

"How was your days without me?"I asked and she looked at me.

"It was fine," Really? Is that her answer?

"Did you miss me?" I asked in a playful tone, but the truth is I wanted to know if she did.

She smiled as she blushed. "Um, maybe ... it dep-depends on..."

"On what?" I said while I wrapped an arm around her shoulders to bring her closer to me.

"Em, if you al-also missed me too" She said almost in a whisper.

Did I miss her? Yes, I did. It seems that I didn't see her long ago, when indeed were a few days.

"Yeah," I nodded.

"Really?" Lucy stepped back to lift her head to look at me.

"Yes, why not?" I replied a little surprised by her reaction.

"Oh, thank you, that's swe-sweet" Lucy blushed and looked away.

We ordered and bought our ice cream. As soon as we sat Lucy began to eat her ice cream. Maybe she is hungry or embarrassed, because she hasn't spoken anything. In some situations I like silence but this is not one of those.

"So how's your mother?" I didn't know what else to say.

"She's fine"

"You told her you were going out?"

"Yes, she was more than happy" Lucy rolled her eyes.

"Your relationship is improving or-?"

"Yes it is" Lucy sighed. "She's been acting normal, I still have my suspicions but I just haven't had time to figure out the truth"

"Do you still think that she cheats on Mike?"

"Maybe ... I don't know" Lucy shrugged. "I never know what to expect with her"

"Yes, I understand. I'm familiar with that kind of people" Lucy stared at me for a few seconds, analyzing my words.

"Are you talking about your parents?" She finally spoke.

"Yes"

"I know you don't talk about it bu-but if you want I can hear"

"I don't want talk about it, you're right," Lucy nodded and looked down at her ice cream.