Chapter 74

[Lucy]

"I baked cookies and a cake and I bought your favorite milk Lucy and the apples you wanted," Mom says as she checks her purse.

"Thanks mom," I smile and run to isle of the kitchen to observe the cookies. "Mom this is amazing!" I squeaked excitedly.

My fingers grasp one of the cookies, they have shapes and colors and designs and I didn't know Lily could do all this.

"When did you learn to do this?"

"It's a secret. Next week you'll have to make some blood tests I want to know about your anemia," mom places the bag on the shoulder and kisses my forehead. "I'll be back in the morning, take care."

"They're delicious," the smile grew in my face and I cover my mouth full of cookies.

"Take care Eric, have fun but not too much alright?" Mom smiles at us and I blush but hide myself with the cookie.

"Sure Lily," Eric responds from the door frame.

Mom walks out the kitchen and seconds later we heard the front door.

For a moment I'm an explosion of happiness. I rush to get the milk and pour myself a bit in the glass. These small details make me happy and I'm glad that my mother did this. I can't remember the last time she baked cookies.

I sit and my legs move back and forth and I'm feeling like a little girl.

"Your mom treats you like a little girl don't you think?" Eric speaks as he takes a seat next to me.

"I'm her only girl," I extend a cookie to Eric but he refuses. "You're missing the fun."

"Your mom remodeled the kitchen?"

"Yeah, it's pretty obvious. She wanted to do it for a while now and finally got the chance and, well, new kitchen. "

"And what does she do?"

"She's a doctor I thought you knew it."

"And does she want you to study medicine as her?"

"Why do you say that?"

"I met someone who his parents were doctors and well he had to do the same...it was more like an obligation.”

"I don't know, we haven't talked about that."

Mike wanted Madison to study medicine but she failed in her exams and she decided to work this year and next one she will study. Let's just say he was not happy about the decision made by his daughter.

"You know what you want?"

"Not yet, what about you?"

"Neither do I," he sighs. "It's frustrating, time is running out and we have to make decisions."

"I know, this year is going to be hard."

"I think the same thing," Eric grabs a cookie and takes a bite. "This is very good."

"I told you."

"Don't tell me these cookies have a secret that has been passed from generation to generation and you are the next one to learn everything about these delicious cookies."

"It would be great but no, wrong family."

We grabbed the cookies and headed to the living room. I sit on the couch and Eric lies down resting his head on my lap. I kiss his forehead and we both stared at each other with a look of confusion, we never kiss on the forehead, to be honest we barely kissed and yes, we are weird.