Chapter 13

LUCY'S POV.

"I think you're wrong with this exercise. The result of this logarithm is 0.5" I hear Marcel's voice but I don't react. "Lucy, Lucy!" Marcel gently shakes my shoulder.

"Hmm ... what?" I asked, stunned. My thoughts still flying about what Madison told me, is my mother cheating on Mike? Why? Madison is telling the truth or she is lying? These questions torture my mind and all I want is to know the truth.

"Lucy!" Marcel complains.

"So-sorry, what did you say?"

"You were wrong here."Marcel points out my notebook. I check out the exercise and he's right, I was wrong. "Oh, of course."

"Now, it's your turn, check mine too." He smiles and pushes his notebook to me.

"Okay." I grabbed his notebook and I check your exercises. "So, here, the logarithm is not well done, then the result of the exercise is wrong." I point out his notebook.

"Um ...." He focused his eyes on the exercise. "Oh yes, you're right ... my-shit."

I dropped my mouth to the floor in surprise. "Marcel what was that?" I say surprised and almost offended. "You've never cursed."

"I know!" He laughs. "It's kind of personal experiment ... just want to know how it feels cursed." Marcel shrugs.

I laugh. It's an interesting idea and it's sweet to hear Marcel curse. "Oh, what do you feel?"

"I feel ... well, I don't know. It's weird, I feel free." Marcel smiles while he cleans his glasses.

Marcel without glasses looks like Harry. I move my gaze to my notebook as I push that thought out of mind. I haven’t seen him today; I think he didn’t come to class. I thought of sending a message to Harry but I had no strength to do it yesterday, after all the trouble with Ryan and with the news about my mother.

"I think that's enough for today." Marcel said, closing his notebook.

"Yes? Oh, I was having fun." I do pout. "You want to do something now? Let’s go for an ice cream."

"Not today, Lucy. I'm going to play video games with my new friends. "He smiles proudly.

"Have you ... have you made ​​friends?"

"Yes, some boys of the discussion group."

I feel almost jealous. Not because Marcel has more friends than me, but because they are male friends. I don’t need scientific studies to know that Marcel will get along with them. I just hope he doesn’t forget me.

"Oh, okay." My cell phone vibrates on the table. I grab it and answer quickly. "Hel-hello?"

"Lucy! Where are you? "Cassie says excitedly.

" I'm in the lib-library." I whispered.

"I'm waiting here in the parking lot, we're going to buy clothes."

"Wh-what?" I say almost terrified.

"Yes, today we're going to a party."

"What? N-no, I do not want-"

"Don’t start Lucy, remember when Harry asked you out? Remember I won that bet. "I can feel her smile through the phone.

I never break my promises but the idea of ​​going to another party I find it boring.

I sigh. "Okay, I'm coming." I hang up the phone and looked at Marcel. "I'm going too."

"You're ... you're going to a party?" He looks surprised. I'm sure he heard the Cassie’s voice.