Chapter 70

[Lucy]

"What are we doing here again?" I break the silence between Eric and me. The blonde leaves the menu on the table and looks at me.

"You need to eat."

"I'm eating," I whined.

"I was watching you today and you ate an apple for lunch and nothing else, that's not lunch."

"It was delicious," I muttered looking down.

"Besides your mother told me you have anemia."

"When did you talk to her?"

"Yesterday on the phone," he smiles and I roll my eyes. "She's very nice and has a free spirit."

"She was hippie when she was young."

"Great. Your mom thinks I'm your boyfriend you know, "I blush at his words and hide my face behind the menu, pretending I'm reading. "Good way to avoid me."

"I'm not avoiding you and just letting you know my mother thinks that every guy I know is my boyfriend, so don't think you're very special."

"Too bad. Um what are you going to order?"

"I'm not hungry," I put down the menu and Eric raises an eyebrow.

"You choose or I choose for you."

That's an answer with no escape.

"Can I just eat dessert?"

"That's ridiculous, I will choose spaghetti for you," Eric raises his hand and seconds late a waiter comes to our table. He ordered spaghetti for both and pepsi.

I will eat as much as I can just to please him, so he leaves me alone with that topic.

"It is the third time we came here, you really like this restaurant."

"Yes I do and it's free."

"Free?"

"My uncle is the owner of this restaurant."

"You didn't tell,"

"I would not say this big secret on the first date," he puts his hand on his chest and pretends to be offended. "And it's not a big deal."

"Not a big deal? The place is full and the food is delicious by the way. "

"You have no right to say that you barely eat," I know he doesn't sound very nice but he is joking.

The waiter returned with our drinks and I put a straw to mine. Eric looks around and play with my fingers. Is not an awkward silence but I'd like to keep talking to Eric.

"Ahm, so, what's your favorite band?"

"Are you trying to flirt with me?" He turns to me with a smile and I blushed.

"Why for you everything is about flirting?"I laugh and he joins.

"It's a habit, plus I will ask the favorite band to someone I liked."

"Not a very irrational thought," Eric shrugs. "So you gonna tell me your favorite band or not?"

"Rolling Stones, what's yours?"

"The Beatles. Wait a second, Rolling Stones were the competition of the Beatles at that time right?"

"Sort of, people invented rumors about the competition and enmity between bands but they are only rumors, plus you cannot compare, the Rolling Stones are way better."