Chapter 2

[Edited by 1Direction2340]

{Lucy}

It's the first time I've been so close to Harry. His hands are big and his grip is strong. His voice is melodious and I notice how many tattoos he has, now that I can inspect him more closely. He wears tight black pants and a shirt with an image of the Rolling Stones.

"Are you drinking water?" He asks incredulously, looking at me while I pour myself another glass next to him.

I try to control the trembling of my fingers. Come on Lucy, you can do it. Say something.

"Ahm, yes." I manage to say.

"That has to take a lot of willpower." He states before taking another sip from his can.

"Why?" I ask before I sneeze.

"Um, well, it’s alcohol. How can you say no to that?" He says with a smile on his face. I can see some dimples appearing on his face. I have never noticed that before.

I bite my lip and try to drink more water.

"What ... um, are you having fun? “ I ask, not knowing what to say.

I regret what I just said, it is the most stupid question I've asked in my life. Harry bites his lower lip, trying to hold back a laugh.

"It’s…um yeah, fine." He looks for something in his pocket and pulls out a little packet.

Oh, great. Cigarettes. I roll my eyes.

"Do you smoke?" He asks me, stretching out a cigarette. I shake my head. "You're such a goody two shoes; it’s boring me." He answers without expression.

"I don’t have a lighter, can you pass me that?" He asks pointing behind me.

I grab the lighter and hand it to him. He touches my hand, a little more than necessary, and then removes it.

I feel so nervous: What does all of this mean? Why is Harry Styles talking to me?

"What ... what is this?" I ask. I really don’t know how to ask this.

“What’s what?” Harry smiles.

“You t-talking to me?” I stutter.

"I can’t be nice to someone?" He replies sharply.

I try not to laugh. I'm not saying that he is unfriendly, but he never talks to people like me. He is always surrounded by his friends, from what I've seen.

"Um, I guess so." I sigh and hope he says something, anything.

The curly haired boy lights his cigarette and breathes in and out. The smoke comes in my direction and I move my hands to avoid the toxic fume while coughing.

"Why do you smoke? You know smoking is killing you, right?" I say, leaning against the refrigerator.

"You have to die someday." He answers me, rolling his eyes.

I'm not saying this is boring, but it is very uncomfortable. I feel very intimidated.

"Ashley was going to hit you?" He asks after exhaling smoke from his cigarette. I shrug.

"Apparently so, I don’t understand why... I don’t really know her."

Suddenly, Harry looks at me from head to toe, without hesitation. I feel my cheeks burning. I don’t think anyone has ever looked at me like that, not even my mom when she complains about how horrible my clothes are…

I feel ashamed and I'm not even showing anything.

"Looking at you, I guess you're the nerd." He smirks.