john marino // pittsburgh penguins

requested by itmegritty1
y/bsf/n - your best friends name

requested by itmegritty1 y/bsf/n - your best friends name

"oh my god." you groaned, laying on your hotel bed. your bestfriend laughed from the other bed.

you had made it to pittsburgh yesterday from zurich, switzerland on a 13 hour flight just to see the penguins play.

damn did it sound insane, but this had been your dream ever since you had been introduced to the nhl. you wanted to go see your favorite team play. lucky enough the love of hockey was mutual amongst you and your bestfriend.

"y/n, do you want to go get dinner before the game?" y/bsf/n asked.

"oh yes."

you popped off of the bed to start getting ready for your night. you slipped a letang jersey over your head. y/bsf/n slipped on a crosby jersey.

"okay let's go. i'm hungry." you complained.

you guys got in your rental car and drove to a restaurant that a friend living in pittsburgh had talked about so many times.

you ate quickly and made your way to the ppg paints arena for warmups.

you guys had gotten glass tickets for this game because of the expanded amount of time that you both had been saving for this trip.

your eyes widened at how close you were to the players as they skates onto the ice for warmups.

crosby, malkin, letang. all the players you had been watching for so many years and you could finally see them with your own eyes in real life.

as you were too busy gawking at the surreality of the moment, a puck hit the glass right in front of you and kicked you out of your euphoric trance with a jump.

you had never jumped higher in your life. you were breathing at 100 miles per hour as your hand clutched your chest. you looked in front of you to see a young player laughing.

you rolled your eyes dramatically with a smile.

he pointed to the puck in his hand and motioned to throwing it over. you nodded and he quickly tossed it over the glass. you caught it in your hands as he waved goodbye showing the last name on the back of his jersey

marino

"holy shit, that's john marino." y/bsf/n said.

"yeah i guess so."

"do you know what he looks like y/n?"

you shook your head.

he was a newer player that you hadn't really memorized yet.

his instagram was quickly pulled up and
y/bsf/n pointed him out.

you looked at y/bsf/n, "oh my god, he's kinda hot." you whispered.

y/bsf/n nodded.

you looked down at the puck in your hand.

you're pretty

you turned the puck over.

call me sometime

with his number listed.

"holy hell." you exclaimed.

"what?" your bestfriend asked.

"his number is on this puck."

"what?" y/bsf/n snatched the puck from your hand, "oh y/n. YAY A BOYFRIEND."

"hey hey slow down."

you ended up deciding not to text him until after the game so you could sit and really take in what was going on in front of you.

the penguins ended up losing to the capitals.

"i don't know if i should text him now anymore." you said timidly.

"nonsense. i say go for it." y/bsf/n encouraged.

you looked around and let out a sigh.

"what the hell."

you pulled out your phone and the puck that was in your pocket. you typed in the number on the puck and sent out a text.

y/n: hey. it's the girl that you gave a puck to today with your number on it.

john: oh yes. i was hoping you'd text
john: you're absolutely stunning
john: i'm john