josh anderson // montréal canadiens

requested by emanne789

you had broken about 3 sticks this game and wanted to break someone's leg pretty soon

to say that you were having a bad game was an understatement, it was an utter fuck up for you on the ice tonight.

your liney josh anderson was feeling the exact same way as you. he hadn't broken as many sticks but he did want to break someone.

two angry people on a line really did not work out so you and josh ended up getting benched which added to the frustration.

it was probably better that you were both benched because of the shitty play.

"what the fuck was that y/l/n?" josh yelled at you.

you yelled right back at him until the coach had to come over and have a talk with both of you.

that was sure going to be all over montréal press tomorrow. hockey drama travels fast when you live in a city like montréal.

you and josh were separated for the rest of the game until the time was over.

your equipment happened to be right next to his and as much as you wanted to move your entire stall for the night, you really didn't have the energy.

josh began a sentence as soon as you sat down.

"don't fucking talk to me." you said tensely.

josh ran a hand over his face and turned away from you.

soon, you and josh were the only ones left in the dressing room.

fighting on the ice soon turned to fighting for dominance under josh's sheets.

you woke up the next morning with josh's strong arms around your waist. you sighed and relaxed. his grip was gentle but secure.

you turned over to gently study his face with your eyes.

josh groaned and tightened his grip around your body, "what are you doing?" he asked in a deep morning voice.

you shrugged gently and laid back.

you were staring at the ceiling when you felt josh put his face in your neck and kiss gently.

"your beard tickles." you mumbled to him with a chuckle.

you felt him laugh gently against the skin of your neck as well. he kept kissing though.

"please stop josh." you laughed quietly.

josh kissed your chin instead and rested his head on your chest so you could play with his hair.

you didn't want to ruin the moment, but you were seriously wondering how this happened and why you enjoyed being like this with him so much.

"are you hungry y/n?" josh asked.

you nodded and continued to pick at his hair.

"i'll go make some breakfast then."

you watched as josh put on his lower half of clothing before heading out of the bedroom and into the kitchen.

"is eggs and toast fine ?"

"yeah that's just fine. thanks." you called back as you put on some clothes as well.

josh looked up at you as you entered the kitchen and smiled, "i like your shirt."

you looked down to see that you had grabbed his shirt, "yeah i thought it was a little big."

josh chuckled and shook his head.

"you need any help?" you asked.

"no thanks."

you sat down at the island across from him and watched as he cooked the both of you breakfast.

he set down two plates and sat across from you.

you began to ate and looked up to tell him that it was good until you saw his eyes glaring into you.

"what?"

"i don't know." he sighed and rubbed his face, "just thinking about you."

you nodded.

josh took a breath, "would you be open to trying something?"

"like what do you mean josh?" you asked.

"a relationship?" he asked.

you chuckled gently with a smile, "sure."

"really?" he asked in surprise.

you smiled larger and nodded, "yeah."

"i wasn't expecting that to be that easy. i had a whole speech planned but i guess i don't need it." josh laughed.

"save it."

"i'll save it for when we get engaged." josh winked.

"well don't get too ahead of yourself there andy. i might not like you that much." you joked.

"oh i'll make sure you do."