hilary knight // team usa

requested by @hroller15

"hey! i was gonna eat that

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

"hey! i was gonna eat that." you yelled from across the room.

your roommate stopped dead in her tracks and looked at you. she shrugged and continued to shove the forkful of your leftover confetti cake into her mouth.

you sighed, "hilary, my mom made me that for my birthday."

"well, tell your mom thank you because this is delicious." she smirked.

you rolled your eyes.

"besides, your birthday was like a week ago and you haven't ate it yet so it's now free reign." hilary reasoned.

"yeah because i was saving it for when i get sad and want to watch tv and eat." you whined.

"well y/n, i'll buy you another cake then. i'm a hungry woman. i just got done with practice and working out." hilary promised.

you shook your head as she ate the cake as fast as she could. you laughed.

"hey, i'll make it up to you. let's go out to dinner tonight since i was gone for your birthday. something casual, but nice." hilary proposed.

"i mean sure." you shrugged.

"go get dressed honey buns. 6:30 pm." she smirked.

you glanced at the clock on the microwave behind hilary's head.

6:00

"oh shit. it's 6 already?" you exclaimed.

"yeah. i had late practice and you get done with work at 5:30. how do you always lose track of time y/n?" she giggled.

"um i fell asleep hilary. who do you think i am?"

she rolled her eyes with a big smile on her face as you ran off to get dressed.

to be honest, all you truly wanted for your birthday was for hilary to ask you on a date, but this was the closest you were ever going to get to that. she just didn't like you how you liked her.

you put on some jeans and a shirt and walked into the living area.

you spotted that hilary was still eating the cake but had changed out of her workout clothes and into something clean.

"took your long enough." hilary complained.

"ohh ms. knight can't wait 10 minutes." you rolled your eyes.

"no i cannot. i'm hungry y/n."

"come on then. let's go."

hilary quickly put her shoes on, grabbed her keys, and pulled you out the door.

sooner or later, the two of you arrived at the quaint restaurant where you'd be eating.

"table for 2 please." hilary smiled at the waitress.

the waitress escorted the both of you to a table in a more discreet corner.

"here we are. do you like it?" hilary said motioning to the restaurant.

you nodded, "yeah i think it's really nice."

hilary smiled and sipped on the glass of water in front of her.

you guys took your time with eating to talk.

"hilary, we just drove past the apartment." you said pointing.

"yeah i know. do you still want a new cake or not?" hilary said smiling at the road.

"oh yes please." you straightened your body out.

you guys hopped out of the car at the nearest grocery store and made your way to the bakery section.

"anyone of them y/n. on me." she said, motioning to the wall of cakes.

you nodded as your eyes raked the walls of color.

"hey y/n, what about this one?" hilary called out for you.

it was the epitome of your perfect cake.

"i mean i know you like confetti and you like the vanilla light buttercream frosting."

you were in shock.

"you remember all of that?" you looked surprised.

"i mean yeah. i listen when you talk even if it is about something like cake." hilary laughed and turned towards you.

you grabbed the back of her neck and pulled her towards you so your lips could meet. you stood there for a while just kissing.

"um was that for the cake or for me?" hilary stuttered out.

"that's for you. i'm sorry, but i've been in love with you for a while."

"oh." she looked deep in thought, "why didn't you tell me earlier?"

you shrugged.

"well i feel the same way, but i never thought-" hilary rambled.

you pulled her back in and kissed her again.

"okay, i could get used to this."