mark scheifele // winnipeg jets

requested by barzymarner55

you could feel mark move around in bed and try to get up

"mark, no." you grumbled out tiredly and he looked at you.

"i have practice my love." he told you in a gentle tone before leaning down and kissing your forehead.

"don't leave me. i want more cuddles." you pouted.

mark smiled down at you, "i wish i could stay, but i really don't want to get in trouble for not being there. i'll be home as soon as i can to cuddle." he promised.

you nodded and sighed dramatically.

mark chuckled and got fully dressed before kissing your lips.

"go back to sleep and i'll be back by the time you are awake."

he wasn't wrong. you did fall back asleep and when you woke you, mark was kissing your neck gently.

"good morning beautiful. i told you i'd be back." he smiled.

you rubbed your eyes and nodded, "i expected you to be back."

mark climbed into bed next to you and pulled you on top of his body.

"i got you reservations to your favorite restaurant tonight and i have your favorite breakfast waiting in the kitchen for you." mark whispered to you.

your head lifted up out of his chest, "really?" you asked excitedly.

mark smiled and nodded.

you squirmed around in his arms happily and kissed his lips, "thank you marky. i love you."

"i love you too y/n."

mark carried you into the kitchen and sat you down in one of the chairs so that you could eat the breakfast he had gotten for you.

you ate it up before looking at mark who had a huge smile on his face.

"what are you smiling at handsome?" you asked.

"well you gorgeous, but i was also wondering if you wanted to go look at the shelters for a puppy after dinner?" mark asked.

your face lit up, "mark, are you serious?" you asked.

he nodded, "yes baby, i wouldn't lie about that."

you smiled and went over to give him a gigantic hug.

"what's with all the surprises today?" you asked.

mark shrugged, "just doing something for my pretty baby." he said.

you blushed and kissed his temple, "you're too cute. thank you."

mark had gotten you a brand new outfit for you and him for dinner that night as well.

"mark, i'm being spoiled." you groaned.

"rightfully so. you look stunning in that." he said and gawked at your body.

your cheeks went bright red and you hid your face in his chest.

"i feel bad." you whispered.

"well i love spoiling you, but if it makes you feel any better you can spoil me with cuddles when we get home and we'll be equal." mark smiled and kissed your lips.

"i guess." you conceded.

"it would make me the happiest man in the world if you cuddled with me when we got home." he chuckled with a smile.

you both headed to dinner which was as scrumptious as always before heading to the pet shelter to look for a puppy.

you met with some of the dogs you liked and only one of them really gravitated towards both you and mark.

"i think that's the one." mark whispered.

you nodded, staring and petting the puppy that had nuzzled itself in your lap.

"she's so cute." you gushed.

mark smiled and nodded, "that's definitely the one."

you took the new puppy home after getting the necessary supplies for her. puppy seemed very happy and excited to have a little family to play with. she was a bit timid coming into the house.

you and mark played with the puppy for a while before she wanted to go to sleep. you brought her sleeping arrangement into your room so it would be easier to let her out during the night.

"come here baby." mark said with outstretched arms.

you climbed into his arms and laid on top of him after getting your pajamas on.

"thank you for the amazing day my love." you smiled down at him.

"thank you for being here with me on this amazing day." mark chuckled and kissed your lips.

"i love you."

"will you marry me?"