sammy blais // st. louis blues

requested by @mollykatherinet

sammy had his head laid down on the kitchen table

sammy had his head laid down on the kitchen table. you watched him from the living room.

he had watched practically every piece of tape of the washington capitals ever to be made. the blues were playing them tomorrow and he was determined to do good, but he was burning himself out from hours of tape.

you walked into the kitchen and leaned your head on his shoulder.

"let's go give a visit to the fishies sammy." you suggested.

he picked up his head, "i would love to sugarplum, but i have to finish watching these."

"samuel blais, you are killing yourself with all this tape. whether you are going to make this hard or not, we ARE going to the aquarium." you scolded.

"demanding honey." he commented.

"now come on. go get ready. we're leaving in 10." you said, pulling him out of his chair.

he stood up and walked into your room to change from his shorts and t-shirt into something more appropriate for st. louis winter.

he came back out with a blues hoodie and some black joggers on.

"thank you sammy." you stretched onto your tippy toes to give him a kiss.

he smiled and grabbed your hand to walk you out to the car.

you arrived at st. louis aquarium. you tried to pay for your tickets, but sammy vetoed that real quick.

you walked into the aquarium and were met with a room of blue lighting. you pulled sammy towards the first exhibit you saw.

you felt like a child again, looking intently at all the fish in the tank. sammy was right next to you also staring into the water looking at all the colorful fish.

"y/n, let's go see the sharks!" sammy exclaimed excitedly as he pulled you towards the large tank.

"look at how big he is." sammy said, following the shark with his eyes.

you giggled at his excitement. apparently, he had channeled his inner child as well.

you guys slowly made your rounds around the aquarium. you made sure to take pictures of sammy discreetly, especially when he was by the frogs.

he thought they were some of the coolest things ever.

"y/n! look at all these froggies!" he exclaimed with a smile.

you laughed and smiled. as he paid all his attention on to the little hopping frogs in the tank.

out of this 1 1/2 hour trip, you had gotten so many adorable photos of sammy around the aquarium. even one with the both of you when an older women volunteered to take a photo of you. it had the shark in the back which had sammy even more hyped up.

"thank you y/n. i needed this." he said to you as you arrived back at your place.

"no problem sammy. i enjoyed spending time with you, adorable." you responded and squeezed his cheeks.

he squirmed out of your grip and picked you up. you placed your head on his chest and snuggled in. he sat down on the couch and began to rub your back, putting you to sleep.

"i am so thankful that you are here to keep me sane."