jonathan drouin // montrèal canadiens

requested by hockey_f1_fics

you were usually the quietest neighbor ever but jonathan could hear you hacking from miles away

it sounded absolutely horrid, but he knew very well it annoyed you more than it bothered him.

you were beyond frustrated and every cough that came out of your mouth made you want to punch a wall a little more.

there was no sleep because you couldn't breath and there was no eating because you couldn't get the nausea out of your system.

all you could do was sit and cough a lung out and sniffle.

you were absolutely rabid when you heard a loud knock on your door. you had no mind to answer that door at all and honestly didn't move.

"angela, it's me!"

you sighed. you were too weak for jonathan not to open that door for him to at least shoo him away.

you dragged yourself off the couch and walked slowly to the door.

"jonathan, i really don't feel good." you said as you opened the door.

your words stopped as soon as you saw his bright smile and the bunch of goodies in his arms.

"jonathan, no that wasn't needed." you said and got out of the way so he could let himself into your apartment.

"well i feel it's my duty to help you get better since i can hear you dying from my bedroom." jonathan chuckled.

it wasn't funny, it just made you feel bad.

"oh my god, i'm so sorry." you said quietly.

jonathan took your hand and shook his head, "no need to be sorry. it's not your fault."

you looked down at your hands as he led you back over to the couch.

"may i stay for a little while sickly?" he asked.

you really should say no, "yeah you can."

jonathan smiled and collapsed onto the couch with you.

he picked up the remote, "what do you want to watch?"

"whatever is fine with me. you pick."

you ended up watching an extremely cheesy french romcom.

"i didn't know you were a softie drouin." you smirked.

"well there's a lot of things you don't know about me." jonathan smiled.

"oh you must be a hockey player with all the clichés" you chuckled.

jonathan laughed as well and shrugged, "i'm really only a softie for a few people."

"oh yeah?" you asked.

thoughts raced through your head and you couldn't tell if this act of bringing things for you was him just being nice or being a softie for you. and of course there is a big difference.

"so what does this classify as?" you finally got up the courage to ask.

"being a softie." he said and leaned into kiss you.

you were surprised but welcomed it with open arms.

"i hope you get sick." you said to him.

"oh shush, you liked it"

"well maybe i did." you shrugged and went in for another kiss.