jack hughes // new jersey devils

requested by alysannes

you were in a perfect position

you were in a perfect position. the scarily realistic fake blood littered over top of your body.

you were laying in the middle of the entry way of your home. the blood sprinkled from the door to the spot you were laying to create the illusion that you struggled to the spot you were in now.

"serenity, this is way too convincing you might break him." your friend sydnie said, "i gotta go though so i don't get caught."

"thanks for your help syd."

"no problem. send me that video." sydnie said pointing at your hidden phone that would be recording the whole thing.

"will do."

with that, sydnie ran out the door so jack wouldn't catch her and become suspicious.

you had been laying in your spot for what felt like an eternity. you started to think jack just wasn't coming.

until you heard the door click and open.

"serenity, baby i'm here." his voice echoed through the house.

you had to give yourself credit for this one. it way almost TOO convincing. you were surprised he hadn't noticed the blood on the floor yet.

"what the hell!" you heard him yell and his feet begin to move faster.

"serenity, are you okay?" he called through the house.

no answer.

"baby?" he said as he turned the corner to where you were.

"oh fuck." he breathed out and ran towards you.

you tried your hardest not to give yourself away by relaxing even more resulting in you making it look even more realistic.

"no no no NO." he screamed out as he kneeled next to your body.

now the obvious thing to do right now would be to call an ambulance, but it seemed as jack was way to flustered to even know how to use his phone.

he grabbed your hand in his.

"please i can't live without you." he whispered.

when he said that it made your heart ache, but you being as committed as you already were, didn't move.

you began to hear sniffles which slowly turned into him crying.

you didn't think you could stand it anymore. all of a sudden, your hand was set down and shoes clicked along the hardwood floor. you heard a bang against the floor.

"IT'S A PRANK!" you stood up and yelled.

now that your eyes were open, you could see the utter mess that jack was: his eyes were so bloodshot and his hands covered in the fake blood. he was sitting against the opposite wall from where you were lying, sobbing.

his eyes met your's and he looked the most upset you had ever seen him. you looked him up and down and realized the fake blood was on practically every part of him.

"jack..." you breathed out, stunned.

you felt terrible at this point.

"serenity." he cried.

"i'm so sorry." you apologized genuinely.

you picked him up off the floor and hugged him. he cried into your shoulder as you rubbed his back.

"please don't do that ever again." jack begged.

"i promise." you whispered.

"i don't know what i'd do without you. i was terrified."

"go take a shower jacky. i'll go take one in the guest bedroom then we can cuddle cause i feel bad." you promised.

he nodded.

"i'm sorry jacky."

"it's okay. just it's not funny, don't do it again." he pouted, "i'll forgive you fully when we cuddle."