jamie drysdale // anaheim ducks

requested by heyitzzzanna

"bye jamie, i'm going to the mall with trevor! love you" you called out

ever since then jamie had been extremely distant and hesitant with you.

no kisses or cuddles or anything at all. he would always just scooch over and continu with whatever he was doing.

you were trying to figure out what you did, but you couldn't come up with anything.

you got him his favorite food, you turned on his favorite movie, and got his favorite snacks, but he never seemed to lighten up.

of course, you got a few quiet mumbled thank you's when you gave him all this stuff.

he never did just tell you what was wrong so you knew you would have to ask him yourself.

"jamie?" you asked gently to get his attention since he was buried in his phone.

his head rose up and you could see the odd look on his face. maybe a mixture of sadness and upset.

it made you frown.

"what's going on jamie?" you asked.

"nothing." he completely dismissed and went back to looking at his phone.

you went and sat next to him, "please." you said.

jamie sighed and shook his head, "no it's just stupid."

"well i don't think it's stupid if you're this upset about it." you told him.

"i'm not upset about anything y/n." he exploded slightly.

you sighed and put your hand on his thigh, "please tell me j."

"why don't you just go hang out with trevor?" he asked and looked up at you before quickly looking back down.

you furrowed your eyebrows before realizing that he was just a bit jealous.

jamie was always a bit sensitive with this kind of stuff. he definitely wasn't controlling, but he just wanted to know what was going on.

"oh jamie, i was just helping trevor out." you said.

"you didn't tell me you were leaving." jamie mumbled.

"well because you know trev, he's quite spontaneous." you said and gently took jamie's hand.

he didn't quite hold it back but you were just happy he was letting you touch him.

"yeah, but you just left with trevor and i didn't even know. why did it have to be such a secret?" jamie asked and lifted his head fully.

you couldn't help but chuckle slightly, "okay you cant tell anyone though." you said.

jamie looked confused but nodded.

"trevor has a crush on a girl he met the other day and wanted me to help him find a little gift for her before they went on their date." you admitted with a smile, "he didn't want you to come along or me to tell you because he didn't want to get made fun of for being such a softie."

"oh..." jamie simply said.

you chuckled more and nodded, "does that make more sense?"

jamie nodded, "i didn't know z could be so soft."

"i didn't really either until i got that text. he sounded so desperate for help too." you laughed.

"can we make up the lunch i was supposed to take you on that day?" jamie asked.

your eyes widened, "jamie! what? why didnt you tell me that? i would have gotten lunch with you and told trevor to wait. we could have figured something out." you exclaimed.

"that probably would have been smarter." jamie said timidly.

"yes we can make up the lunch, but now it's my treat for you not telling me that." you said and smacked his arm gently.

he laughed, "nooo i'll buy it's fine. that's my bad."

"we can play the credit card game then" you suggested.

"yeah just make sure to tell z that if he needs advice go to me because i'm the one that actually has a significant other." jamie winked.

"oh please don't tell him jamie. he'll not like me for that." you begged.

jamie shrugged, "it's funny though."

"if you tell trevor's secret, i'm gonna have to tell trevor that you were jealous over him." you threatened with a mischievous grin.

"okay i won't."