mitch marner // toronto maple leafs

requested by karinabackstrom

you were a freshman at the university of toronto this year

you were a freshman at the university of toronto this year. it was always the university that you wanted to go to and you were so happy to get in.

it was a great school for hockey in canada which is why you got a full ride there.

your dad had already briefed you on what to do if you ever felt like you needed someone while your family lived so far away.

you were lucky that your dad was patrick marleau and from the years he played in toronto, he had some connections.

your phone vibrated in your pocket as you were putting the remainder of your things in your dorm room.

unknown: hey meah, it's auston matthews, your dad told me you moved into u of t today. we were wondering if you wanted to go out tonight to celebrate ?

you smiled and shook your head at the text.

of course some of the first people your dad would tell were his old teammates who he loved so much.

you texted auston back and said that would be great and just to tell you where and when.

you began to get ready and by the time you were done, it was time to get going.

the music was loud as you walked into the club. you looked around through the mounds of people for your group.

"hey meah." auston said with a smile on his face when he found you.

"what's up aus?" you asked with a smile back and hugged him.

"nothing much. you've grown up." he looked you up and down.

"so have you." you winked as you walked over to the table with the rest of the leafs.

they all greeted you and you greeted them back.

for the next year, these boys would be your greatest companions in toronto. they were always there for you no matter what. you had the biggest bond with auston, mitch and william which your dad would love because he had the same love for them.

you ended up going home for the summer, but ended up back in toronto when your family decided to take the annual summer vacation there.

you didn't really mind because that meant you could spend some more time with your friends and the boys.

"do you hang out with mitch a lot?" your mom asked you as you sat in the kitchen with her.

you shrugged, "i hang out with him as much as william and auston."

"i think you guys would be really cute together."

you looked over at her with a face of confusion, "um i don't know about that."

your mom chuckled and shook her head, "you guys would be adorable. you don't think he's cute?" she asked.

"he's fine." you mumbled with a shrug.

"exactly meah. i think you should try it out."

you shook your head and walked away. your mom smiled mischievously as you walked away.

you knew that she was avid on making this work now. she knew what she was doing too so to say you weren't a little nervous would be a lie.

she found a way to get you two alone in every room in a way that would be awkward if you didn't talk to mitch.

"mitchy, can we just please my mom and go on one date?" you asked one day when you got stuck in the same room together.

mitch was a good spirit so he laughed and nodded, "yeah anything for christina."

you chuckled with him and you two ended up going on a date together.

your mom was insane when she found out that this one date turned into 5 and then being together.

mitch was there for you for everything from stupid stuff to when you got the notification from the nhl saying that you would be eligible for the upcoming draft.

you were at the draft with your parents, brothers, and mitch.

"with san jose's pick in the draft, we select meah marleau."

you stood up and faced your dad, "what's up liney?" you said with a funny grin.