johnny gaudreau // calgary flames

requested

you played in the nwhl for the boston pride

you played in the nwhl for the boston pride. that's how you met your current boyfriend johnny gaudreau. he was in boston for a game against the bruins and apparently you caught his eye just as much as he caught yours during the honoring of women's hockey.

anyway, all of that is history as you guys have been dating for a solid 3 years. the best 3 years of your life.

tonight your team was playing the minnesota whitecaps in minnesota. after the game, you would be flying to calgary to visit johnny so that was exciting.

you were the captain of the team and you guys had this thing where you stood at the opening to the ice and each of the players and you had a unique handshake. that's what you'd do before every game and that's what you were doing now.

"LET'S GO"

secretly you knew this wasn't the team's game when minnesota scored a minute into play. you guys had hardly touched the puck. you tried to keep in your mind that there was still two periods left.

the frustration was setting in. you had taken two penalties that had lead to goals for the whitecaps. everyone looked and played demoralized.

final score 1-7

the locker room was in utter silence.

"it's only one game guys. we'll get em next time." you announced, looking at the floor.

it was a long sad flight to calgary from minnesota. all you wanted to do was hug and love johnny, but that wasn't possible if you were on this small dumb plane.

you got off the plane and searched around for your short boyfriend. finally, you found him wearing a sad smile.

he jogged towards you and gave you one of the biggest hugs you had got in your life. emotion ran through your body suddenly. you felt like you wanted to cry.

"cosette let's go home."

you nodded, choked up.

he ushered you quickly out of the airport, into his car, and drove you to his apartment.

as soon as you entered the door, you began to sob, overwhelmed with emotion.

you put your head in johnny's chest, "it's all my fault." you sobbed.

"no it's not bubs." johnny said rubbing your back.

johnny knew what to do. just let you cry it out. he was really good at that, just hugging you tight and letting you cry as much as you wanted to. mvp of boyfriend material.

"you know what you always tell me after a hard game cosette." johnny smiled.

you looked up from his chest at his face.

"every game is a team effort. not just one person." he repeated what you always said to him, "you are too good to be doubting your talent."

you laughed and blinked the tears out of your eyes.

"don't cry please. it makes me sad." johnny frowned and wiped the remaining tears from your face.

"you're the best john." you smiled.

"oh i try." he blushed

"thank you so much johnny for being the best crying partner ever. i love you so much."

he chuckled, "i love you too. well in exchange for me being your crying partner, can you be my cuddling partner?" he pouted with puppy eyes.

"yes, it'd be my honor." you smiled at your boyfriend once again.

"WE SHOULD WATCH FINDING NEMO." he exclaimed.

"YEAH IM SO DOWN." you matched his contagious energy.

all of a sudden, he sprinting away and then back, "I FOUND IT." he yelled with the disk in his hand.

you ran after him into his room and jumped into his bed as he put the disk in the movie player.

"this is gonna be awesome."