robin lehner // vegas golden knights

requested by Jasperwbabygirl
a/n: two players in the nhl who have helped normalize mental health issues 😌

requested by Jasperwbabygirla/n: two players in the nhl who have helped normalize mental health issues 😌

you drove to the complex where robin was receiving rehab from.

life was hard with an addict but you never gave up on him because he never gave up on you.

you were each other's rocks and that would never change no matter how many rough spots there were.

you would always be together for your kids and for each other.

you had so much love for robin and you knew very well that robin had so much love for you.

you hugged robin hard as he came into the lobby where you were waiting for him.

"why are you here sweetheart?" robin asked.

he knew that you didn't like rehab centers at all because you hated that part of your life when you were in there yourself.

"because i couldn't wait to see you." you whispered to him and kissed his cheek, "let's go home."

robin nodded.

you consulted with the workers and signed the paperwork you needed before grabbing robin's hand and walking out to the car.

robin still looked very solemn as you both climbed into the car. it was a quiet ride back home.

"why don't you let me go chey ? i don't deserve you or the kids. i'm a horrible husband and father." robin said.

you shook your head, "no you're not." you said simply.

"yes i am. i have made you do everything for years now." robin said with tears in his eyes.

you reached across the center console and squeezed robin's hand firmly.

"i don't give up on you because you never gave up on me robin." you told him.

"i love you so much." robin said.

"i know and i love you too." you responded.

there was more silence in the car before robin spoke up again.

"i want to be a better husband and dad from now on chey." robin said with sincerity in his voice.

you nodded, "i know you do, but i also know that there are going to be tough moments. i want you to know that it's okay. just tell me when you're feeling off and i'll do my best to accommodate to that."

robin nodded and left a gentle kiss on your hand.

"thank you for believing in me."

you knew that there was always going to be rough days in your family for the both of you, but you also knew that the two of you would get through it.

"thank you for believing in me too."