jack hughes // new jersey devils

requested by Sushilover454

you were so excited when you had got the text from jack asking if he could stay the night

of course you said yes. you could never give up an opportunity to spend more time with your baby.

when he came into your apartment, he looked exhausted.

you frowned and went up to him. you got his hair out of his face and looked into his eyes concernedly.

"what's going on jack?" you asked him gently.

he sighed and met your eyes.

"i'm so tired. i just need a break. i just need to spend time with you." he admitted and wrapped his arms around your frame.

by the way he melted into your arms you could tell he needed all the love that he could get.

"i'm tired of people telling me that i'm not good enough." jack whispered to you.

your breath hitched at his comment and you slipped his phone out of his pants pocket.

"can i take this and put it away for the night baby?" you asked, showing jack his phone in your hand.

he nodded before snuggling his head back into your shoulder.

you held him a while in your entryway before pulling him off into the little living room you had.

"can you massage my temples please?" jack asked.

you smiled gently and nodded. that was something that always made jack calm down.

jack moved to sit in between your legs on the floor and you began to gently rub his temples. his eyes closed and his head fell back into your chest.

you could feel his tense body relaxing slightly as you massaged his head.

after a while, you could feel that his body was limp and his eyes were closed. when he woke up, he crawled up onto the couch next to you and you opened your arms.

he crawled into your lap and you cuddled him close, kissing his face now and then as his eyes went to watch the tv.

"i love you jack." you whispered to him.

"i love you too." he responded tiredly.

he announced that he was hungry and you made him some mac and cheese to make everything better.

you jack took a shower before climbing into bed next to each other.

jack's arms snaked around your waist and he dug his head into your chest.

"thank you for making my day better y/n. i love you so much baby." jack whispered into your skin.

you nodded and kissed the top of his head. you moved your hands to play with the long hair that he had been growing out.

"i love you too baby. i'm always here to make your days better just like you are on my bad days." you told him.

"i don't deserve you." jack said.

"yeah you do babe. every damn part of me." you said.

you could see his cheeks flush slightly.

"i don't want to go to sleep because we haven't talked at all." jack admitted.

you knew he was exhausted.

"jacky baby, go to sleep. we can talk all tomorrow morning." you told him.

you continued to stroke his hair gently and twirled it between your fingers.

"and if you want, you can stay another night and we can talk all day and night."

he nodded quickly.

he would like that very much.