anders lee // new york islanders

requested by CCToma

anders got on his suit and you dressed in jeans and an isles shirt with a coat

anders was going to surprise the boys and help hype up the boys before their playoff game.

when you walked into the living room, you could feel that the vibes were off with anders.

you sat down next to him and put a hand on his thigh. he took your hand in his and rubbed his fingers over the top of your hand.

"you ready to go sweetheart?" you asked him gently.

he nodded and stood up. he offered his hand to help you up and you accepted.

both of you got in the car and the ride over to the rink was pretty quiet. you could tell that his mind was racing.

before he could get out of the car at the arena, you grabbed his hand.

"anders, what's going on?"

"i don't know if i want to do this." he admitted.

you looked at him sympathetically and brought his hand to your lips.

"why not?" you asked.

"i just want to play y/n. i don't want to watch the boys play, i want to play with them again. i miss it." he told you.

you let go of his hand and brought yours to his face, "i know anders, but i don't want you to get hurt anymore. sooner than you know it you'll be able to play with them again."

anders just looked into your eyes.

you continued, "now come on, those guys need their captain whether it's on or off the ice. you mean a lot to them"

anders sighed and nodded.

the both of you slipped out of the car. you went up to your seats that were high in the stadium while anders went and talked to his teammates.

when he came back, you smiled when you saw that he was in much higher spirits.

"they're ready." he said as he sat down next to you.

you smiled and nodded, "give them a speech lee?" you asked.

he nodded, "speech and lots of hugs."

you smiled and laid your hand back on anders' thigh comfortably.

the islanders were going back and forth with the penguins. goals and hits flew everywhere. it was quite a nerve wracking game, but a fun one to watch.

"please welcome our captain, anders lee! get well cap." the in arena presenters announced during a tv timeout.

the arena went crazy. it seemed that every fan in the arena was cheering and waving their towels in the air for their captain.

the camera went onto anders and there was a huge smile on his face. he stood up and waved his own towel. the yelling erupted even louder.

you laughed and smiled at anders as he waved his towel and cheered loudly with the crowd. he looked utterly in his element for the first time in so many months since his injury.

it was even more crazy when the game ended up going to overtime and the isles scored.

you, anders, and the rest of the isles fan jumped up and erupted in cheers. anders hugged you and you smiled at him.

the ot hero of long island pointed up at anders and anders pointed back at him.

anders got himself down to the locker room to celebrate with the boys.

"we are going out for drinks tonight for the win."

obviously, they would want to celebrate a series won.

"have fun then my love. be safe. i'll get a ride home with syd." you said and kissed his cheek.

"you're not getting away from me that easy y/n. come celebrate with us. some of the wags will be there too." anders said with a begging face.

"well you don't have to convince me that hard to get a drink." you smiled and anders covered that smile with a kiss.

you were so happy to see anders as happy as he was. you knew that he was feeling disconnected from the team while he was rehabbing. the texts in the team group and quick small meetings were not enough for him.

but now he looked like he was happy in his surroundings and the kisses he left on your lips were enough to prove that you were right.