andrei svechnikov // carolina hurricanes

requested by 3barrelsforlife

you knew very well that andrei svechnikov didn't like you, however the reason for the disliking was beyond you

you had barely even talked to him and when you did, you always made sure you were nice to him.

there was no way to totally avoid andrei or for him to totally avoid you. you were dougie hamilton's younger sibling.

you lived with dougie as you spent your time riding in north carolina. you were a devoted equestrian. you had been ever since you were young.

you spent as much time at the rink with the canes as possible. besides horses, you loved hockey. you couldn't play it well like dougie, but you loved to watch it.

whether it was practices or games, you were there to cheer the team on as much as possible. you honestly wished you could see them more, but you made all the times you could go count.

your wishes were answered when you were riding your horse and got injured pretty bad. the doctor had told you that you needed to take a few months break from riding before getting back into it.

you were demoralized but tried to look on the bright side.

"you're kind of stupid." dougie told you.

you rolled you eyes are him and shook your head, "i'm not in the mood for your jokes." you said.

you got yourself to the couch and laid there.

you spent your time split from the couch and your bed for a while after you got your surgery.

you had eventually began to feel good enough to get out of the house once in a while. dougie only allowed you to go to the rink with him because he wanted someone to keep on eye on you if you fell.

you had gotten really close with a lot of the canes as you recovered from your injury, but andrei was still impossible to break through.

"he's never really acted like that before." sebastian aho answered when you asked about andrei's behavior.

you sighed, "i mean i don't think i did anything, but..." you shrugged.

sebastian patted your head, "maybe he's just moody." he chuckled.

you chuckled back and shrugged, "it's been a few months of moodiness then."

sebastian thought for a bit, "well i think he'll figure it out soon."

you nodded, "i hope so. i just want to be friends with all of you." you explained.

you watched as dougie came over to you, "hey come on. someone needs to talk to you like now." dougie said.

you looked at him confused as he helped you up and your struggled over to the locker room.

you were pushed in gently and the door was shut behind you. you heard a lock click.

"oh what the hell? let me out." you called.

"no not until you and andrei figure out how to like each other." dougie said through the door and walked away.

you finally turned to see that andrei was sitting in his stall with an expressionless face.

you sighed and crutched over to sit down in dougie's stall.

"so how is your day going?" you asked.

andrei looked up at youre with pure surprised written on his face.

"what? if they want us to make up, we've gotta start somewhere." you said.

"my day is going well. how is yours?" he responded.

"it's gone fine" you answered, "now, right to the point. is there a reason you don't like me? did i do something wrong?"

andrei's mouth opened but no sort of noise came out, not even a little squeak.

you waited there as he tried to get at least something to come out of his mouth.

all andrei did was shrug.

"there has to be a reason andrei. if i said something that offended you or anything, i want to know so i can fix it. i want to be your friend" you told him.

andrei breathed in and shrugged again, "i'm scared what will happen if i become friends with you." he finally stuttered out in broken english.

you heard him perfectly clear.

you hummed in confusion.

"i think you're really pretty and dougie said that i can't date his sister." andrei explained and shrugged, "so i stayed away from you in hopes to save my own ass."

you looked at him for a while before tilting your head to the side slightly, "you think i'm pretty?" you asked.

andrei nodded with a red blush on his cheeks.

"i was so bitter you didn't like me because i thought you were cute." you chuckled with a smile.

andrei smiled as well. his cheeks still were red as can be.

"let's go on a date, yeah?" you asked the timid man in front of you.

andrei nodded with an even bigger grin.

"and don't worry, i'll take care of my brother."