tim stützle // ottawa senators

requested by Lauren_Tomlinson91

between him being your friend's boyfriend and you dating his roommate, josh norris, you were able to see tim stützle a lot

you always seemed to gravitate together when you were not talking to your significant others.

you really liked tim. you two had a ton is common. he was easy to talk to and was really funny. you were lucky to have such a good friend in your life.

you were going over to the boys' place tonight to have dinner with everyone.

when you got there, you noticed that tim was nowhere to be seen.

"josh, where's tim?" you asked curiously.

josh looked over at you and made a sad face, "he's in his room. ava broke up with him because she found someone else. he's been in there all day. he's been crying. we tried to get him to come out and have dinner, but he said no. brady and i weren't going to poke the bear anymore."

you frowned and nodded.

so that's why ava had been acting weird and sort of rude all week and then just stopped texting
you.

for the following weeks, you had only seen tiny glimpses of tim here or there.

it was different not talking to him as often as you used to when you went over to the house. he was always hiding out in his room.

you had went over there for a movie with brady and josh one night and once again tim was nowhere to be seen.

"brady, we have to get him to come out of his room soon." josh said.

brady raised his eyebrows, "you know i've tried josh and he refuses."

josh sighed and nodded.

the rest of the night was pretty quiet and kind of awkward.

"hey y/n, can i talk to you?"

you nodded and you and josh went into his room.

"what's up josh?" you asked him.

"tim likes you a lot." he said.

your eyes widened at him and you raised your eyebrows.

"what?" you asked.

"brady told me that he went to talk to tim and tim confessed that he liked you." josh told you.

you had no idea where this was going or what to say to josh at all.

"i think you should be with tim."

those were the words that you thought made your heart stop but you were still alive so it seemed you were just being dramatic.

"josh, you know i love you..." you started but he cut you off.

"i know and i love you too, a lot y/n but you and tim would be the perfect couple." josh told you with a smile on his face, "please date my best friend for me."

you laughed at his pleading and shook your head, "is this how you're breaking up with me josh?" you asked.

he laughed and nodded, "yes, but respectfully because i still love you a lot."

you groaned dramatically.

"i know you and tim very well and i know that you two were made for each other. i will take full credit for this relationship at the wedding." josh flaunted.

you giggled and smacked a hand to your face.

josh left one more kiss on your lips and then helped you up off the bed, "now come on, let's go get your real man."

"how are you so okay with this?" you asked.

"because i want a happy roommate and a happy friend." he winked.

you shook your head and before you knew it you were pushed into the room with tim.

tim was sat up in bed and now staring at you.

"hey timmy." you said with a smile.

"hi y/n." he said gently.

you smiled softly. it had been a while since you had heard his voice.

you sat down in bed next with him, "josh just broke up with me."

tim looked over at you with a confused face, "why?"

"because he wants to have credit for creating a new relationship." you smiled.

tim still looked confused.

"well i'm thanking the hockey gods that they blessed you with some skill." you joked with a chuckle.

tim chuckled.

"brady told josh that you liked me." you said.

tim looked awestruck and began to try and stutter out words.

"timmy, it's fine. josh and i are still friends and i'm pretty sure he won't beat you up"

tim laughed and picked up your hand to play with it.

"do you want to go on a date tonight?" tim asked.

you nodded, "yeah i would."

you knew that night was going to be interesting when you heard,

"welcome to the tkachuk/norris restaurant. i will be your server and josh will be your cook tonight." brady announced to you and tim.

you and tim looked at each other with a look of exasperation.

you would not be eating good tonight.