leon draisaitl // edmonton oilers

"Y/N!" your bestfriend, leon draisaitl, yelled before he stepped onto the ice for game 7 of the stanley cup finals

"yes leo?" you asked.

he looked straight into your eyes, "i love you, not in a friendly way. i love, love you."

before 'what?' could come out of your mouth, leon was already on the large sheet of ice skating laps.

"little shit." you mumbled under your breath, smiling and playing with the draisaitl jersey you had on.

you and leon had been bestfriends since, well, since forever. that's what it felt like anyway. you had met when you were both 8.

flashback

someone slid into the seat next to you.

"what's your favorite color?" a smily boy with brown hair asked.

"blue." you replied timidly.

"hey that's mine too. what's your name?" he said excitedly.

"y/n."

"pretty." he smiled, "can i sit next to you at lunch?"

you smiled softly and nodded.

end of flashback

yes, ever since then the two of you had been practically inseparable. funny how a little thing can turn into a long term friendship.

the oilers crowd erupted as leon scored the goal to pull the team ahead with only two minutes remaining. his team rallied around him. you clapped and yelled like a mad man.

as the seconds ticked down in the rogers place, the morale in the building was high on and off the ice. the horn went off and all the oilers threw their gloves and sticks. the whole crowd stood up to cheer on their stanley cup winners. the edmonton oilers just won the stanley cup.

you ran down with all the other WAGS onto the ice. you went straight to leon.

"you're such a little shit." you said and kissed him longingly.

leon was stunned, but as soon as he figured out what was happened he kissed back, deepening the kiss.

"we have the stanley cup and i have the love of my life." leon smirked, looking at you with adoration, "i have everything i need and want in life."

you rolled your eyes and shook your head, smiling.

"get back to your team, pretty boy." you pushed him slightly.

"i'll see you tonight." he winked.

you rolled your eyes again and made a disgusted expression. he smiled and skated away. you smiled at his back.

turns out you are very in love with leon draisaitl.