Ten Confessions of a Serial Killer

Author: @MarcoMill

Chapters: I read 8 chapters (which includes prologue) I know you said 10 chapters, but I can tell you the reason for that in the overall enjoyment section.

Genre: Mystery/ Thriller

Specific: Plot

Cover-

The cover image is okay. I imagined the man is Louis on the front. He suits him pretty well from the descriptions that you gave.

A suggestion would be to change the lettering of the font. Maybe play around with a few fonts to see which one fits the Mystery/Thriller genre better.

Another suggestion would be to add your name on to the cover. It can be your real name or username. This is because nobody knows who wrote the book, so it's a good idea to add it on the cover. It's also important, so nobody steals your cover, especially if you made it yourself.

You wouldn't buy a book from a bookstore without the author's name on it, right?

Blurb-

Your blurb is okay, but I would consider it too short. Don't forget that a blurb is like a selling point to the public, which helps them to read/buy the book.

Add a little more information about the book without giving away too much.

Grammar-

(Prologue)

I'm going to briefly point out a few issues concerning grammar/punctuation as this can really help you improve as a writer before I focus more on the plot.

One issue is that you constantly use their names in most/ if not all the sentences. A reader previously pointed this out.

I understand you are writing in 3rd person, but to make the sentences sound flexible and for them to flow better, you can use "he/she/him/her" etc.

Your example...

"Loius talked calmly trying too not unmask any emotions, but he was disgusted by Jimmy's presence."

We already know that Louis is talking about Jimmy since it's just them two in the building.

A suggestion could be...

"Louis talked calmly, trying not to unmask any emotion, but was disgusted by his presence."

The strange thing is, there are a few paragraphs that you do this and others, you don't.

(Chapter One)

There were quite a lot of mistakes regarding grammar and punctuation in this chapter. I pointed out a few in the chapter, and I would go through each of them if I had more time, but I don't.

I would perhaps look into getting an editor to help you with those.

(Chapter three)

You do change from the past tense to the present in your narrative sometimes.

Here is an example...

"He just keeps driving fueled by the thought of Tommy."

To make this sentence flow better and to stay within the past tense, you just need to change "keeps" to "kept."

This is what it should be...

"He just kept driving, fueled by the thought of Tommy."