Tales from a Jaded writer

* This review may contain spoilers * 

Username: RayDuke 

Genre: Romance (Short Stories) 

Chapters: Four as requested 

Specific: N/A 

Book 

Cover - 

It's hard to judge a cover for short stories as each story might be a different genre. It's good to have a neutral image and style, and since most of the stories are on the romantic side, the font and style are aesthetically pleasing. I like the light/ white theme. 

Blurb - 

The blurb is interesting. You have a unique concept where each story explores a part of being human and inspects dark and deadly desires. 

Grammar - 

I didn't find any errors! Perfect grammar!

Punctuation - 

I didn't have any issues regarding punctuation. 

Character Development / Plot - 

(A stranger in a library) 

I actually really loved the uniqueness and humorous side of this story. It's a little silly, but it also relates to a serious condition that can affect many people's lives. 

The main character had a brain aneurysm because of an infection that didn't get treated as it should, causing memory loss. She has lost over six years' worth of her life. It sort of reminds me of the film, '50 First Dates'. 

While we see the challenges she faces, we also get to see the prospect of blessings she experiences. She bumps into Superman (known as William), at the library in which she works and they both have a normal conversation, leading to a date. 

It didn't go the way I expected it to -- they have been on other dates, but William decided to keep it from Fontaine to avoid confusion. Because of her condition, she wouldn't remember anything about meeting him the next day. It's sort of sad to read their last moments. 

(The Thin Line) 

This story is a little different, but I like the running theme of love through all of them. 

Seven, the most powerful Goddess of them all, is transported into a mortal's body, completely taking on the persona of Bonnie. At first, she doesn't lean towards it, but Seven desires to be loved like a mortal, so she plays along, blindsiding her boyfriend, Winner. 

I love how you ended on a cliffhanger. 

(Nimue) 

This story is a little different from a woman that has the ability to see visions. The visions somehow show her certain individuals with the intention of causing harm to the world or to others, and so she brings death to them. I can't help but wonder if her sister, Nemesis, had her name picked intentionally because it can mean an 'enemy'. 

You provide a substantial amount of background on Nimue and her sister. I wonder why Nemesis doesn't have the curse when it was supposed to be hers, and Nimue has it instead. Perhaps it's because the curse is testing her in a way it couldn't with Nemesis. 

Okay, so now everything makes sense. I really love how you slowly reveal things and then end on a cliffhanger. 

(In darkness) 

I had no clue what Selective Perception was, but I'm glad you introduced this to the story and you built a plot around it. 

The main character had spent months pinning for a girl, Savannah, only for her to literally not see him because of her selective perception. It must feel horrible to be in love only for that person to not know you exist.

I'm a little perplexed as to how she suddenly believes Mark about not noticing Wolfgang after thinking he is crazy. Either way, it's a lovely story with a happy ending, unlike the others.  

Overall Enjoyment - 

All the stories are unique and beautifully written. I honestly couldn't find any faults and admired the way you tell each story. You have a talent for writing short stories! Great work. 

Things I think you could improve on are: 

Literally nothing! I couldn't find any fault and each story is beautifully written. Great job! 

Please remember that this is based solely on my own opinion. If you so wish for the review to be removed in any shape or form, please let me know. 

Please keep writing & I wish you all the best on your writing journey! 

Thank you for requesting the review & I hope it helps you in some way. Please check, "Tales from a Jaded Writer." 

"