All I ever wanted was you {Book One}

* This review may contain spoilers * 

Username: humnaaahmed 

Genre: Romance 

Chapters: 5 chapters 

Specific: N/A 

Book 

Cover - 

The cover isn't bad. It fits the romantic stereotype, but it's not as engaging as some of the other books in the same genre. 

This is probably personal choice, but there is no need for "A novel by..." 

This is because the readers already know the basics - it's a novel. It's just unnecessary fluff that covers the cover of your book. You just need the author's name. 

Blurb - 

Usually, the blurb should be written in the present tense. While there isn't anything wrong with the blurb, you do need to edit the punctuation. 

Grammar - 

(Chapter Two) 

I would vary your sentence structure because you have a lot of "I" sentences within the first few paragraphs. This can be quite repetitious for the reader. 

Your examples...

"I ended the call and threw my phone on the bed." 

"I hurriedly went towards my door and opened it..." 

"I sighed heavily before turning around." 

"I walked towards my bed and sat down." 

"I looked down at my toes and started counting them." 

"I chuckled internally at my stupidity." 

Some suggestions could be...

"Ending the call, I threw my phone on the bed." 

"As I entered the kitchen, Dad sat at the table with a grin plastered on his face." 

"Before he could initiate the conversation that would lead to an argument, I turned around and walked into my room. For some unknown reason, my toes caught my interest. There was something soothing about counting them as I chuckled internally at my stupidity." 

🌸

Sometimes you change tenses. You start off the chapter in the past tense. Then towards the end of the chapter, you switch to the present tense. It's like this back and forth. I would advise getting an editor to help you as you really need to scrutinise your work for the editing process.  

(Chapter Three) 

There are constant tense changes. You start the chapter in the past tense {"The lady asked me for the last time."}  

You then switch to the present tense and you use both interchangeably. 

Your examples... 

"Here I am. Sitting in a salon, in front of a mirror, looking at myself." (present tense) 

"I closed my eyes and sighed after opening them back." (past tense)