His Life Changer

* This review may contain spoilers * 

Username: maanvibhagat 

Genre: Romance/ Teen Fiction 

Chapters: 5 chapters 

Specific: N/A 

Book 

Cover - 

I'm not really sure what the cover represents or how it fits in with the story or genre. 

Blurb - 

I have to admit, the blurb is quite catchy. It's probably something my teenage self would read, and now as I'm older, it's like my guilty pleasure (sssh, don't tell anyone). 

Grammar - 

(Chapter Two) 

Up until this point, you have been writing in the past tense in the previous chapters, but you do slip up and change tenses, especially in this chapter. The flashback is in the past tense - that's great. Then you carry on in the past tense with the present tense in the mix. You have to stay consistent and pick one tense to write in otherwise it makes things messy. 

Your example of the present tense...

"...and I need to find it now before it's too late. Before it's too late to rekindle our friendship. I don't expect love from his side..." 

"Plus I need to get out of my insecurities and tell him my reasons for leaving..." 

"I don't know if he'll understand ..." 

A suggestion in the past tense could be...

"...and I needed to find it now before it was too late to rekindle our friendship. I didn't expect love from his side..." 

"Plus I needed to let go of my insecurities and tell him the reasons why I left..." 

"I didn't know if he would understand..." 

(Chapter Three) 

I would suggest using Grammarly to help you with tenses. The majority of the time, you write in the past tense {was, were, didn't, had, +ed at the end of words). 

Then you add in the present tense {am, is, isn't, don't, has} 

A good example is here...

"We took out our timetable and checking our classes." 

{took} is past tense. {checking} is the present participle of check. You can't mix them together. It makes the sentence sound awkward and it's something you will get the hang of with more practice. 

This should be...

"We took out our timetables and checked our classes." 

Punctuation - 

(Chapter Three) 

There are times when you forget to put a full stop at the end of dialogues. Any sentence, even dialogue, needs to have a full stop at the end.