The Wings of Storm

(I'm so sorry the review is late. I've been busy juggling things). 

Username: @draphy
Genre: Portal fantasy/ adventure
Chapters: 3

Book

Cover-

I think your cover is interesting as you combined the sword with the butterfly. I also think there is symbolism in the butterfly as it's symmetrical, showing Tahro's body in two different places. Maybe that's just my way of thinking, though.

Blurb -

Your blurb is detailed and straight to the point. 👏

Grammar-

(Chapter One)
This was the only small typo I found whilst reading.

Your example...
"Coming mum, Five minutes!"

A suggestion could be...
"Coming, Mum. Five minutes!"

Punctuation-

I didn't spot any errors 👏🏻

Character development / plot -

(Chapter One)

I loved how you set the scene with Tahro's admiration towards reading manga and the world he delved into when he reads the book.

I totally get how he can't put the book down when you get to a good point, but I didn't know why he had to finish the chapters desperately. He could just finish the chapters after tea and enjoy the book more thoroughly as he was anticipating his mum's every move whilst reading.

It took me a while to get into the story narration, but I think I enjoyed the narration itself. The manga narration was confusing for me with all the names. It's like reading two different books inside a chapter, but the transitions were smooth.

(Chapter Two)

I actually loved this chapter more than the previous one because we get more of an insight into Tahro's home life.

Now I understand why he loves to read and put himself into that world because his parents always fight. Seeing his parents argue all the time at such a young age can have a psychological impact on him.

We've all been practising our sword fighting and role play at that age. It's relatable as I'm sure most people have acted out a scene from a book or play.
I was more into Pirates of the Caribbean and went to the beach to copy that beach fighting scene in movie two (I think). Cringe.

(Chapter Three)
It's nice that he has Yuuhei as a friend. His dialogue is entertaining.

You show Tahro's feelings perfectly well when they find out there would be no update to the manga that they have been reading. I can't imagine it's ever easy to find out that it has stopped.
From this, it pushes the plot forward as Tahro uses his imagination to transport himself into that world.

Overall enjoyment -
I wasn't sure I would like the book as it's set in Japan and centres around manga. I'm not a huge fan of manga, so it was harder for me to get stuck in fully. However, I couldn't spot any areas where you could focus, which is unusual for me as I'm rather picky.

I think you have a wonderful story with a great thought out plot, and the transitions from place to place were smooth. It's definitely worth a read if you're into manga and anime.

Keep writing & good luck with your writing journey! 

Thank you for requesting the review and hope it helps you in some way. Please check "The Wings of Storm," if you have time!