"Bye" She picked up her Lahenga and walked towards the gates. Yazdan, who was standing still and watching her go, suddenly walked towards her with a laugh.

"Let me help" he muttered, picking up her Lahenga for her. The falls around the suit were now clenched in four hands, as she walked. She let out a laugh when Yazdan almost tumbled onto the footpath. Yazdan frowned at the roads. The two finally made it to the house next door and that's when it clicked Yazdan. I could have parked the car here. He face palmed himself when Hifzah opened the door to see her daughter standing at the front. She rolled her eyes and turned to Yazdan.

"As salaam alaikum, Hifzah Khala (mom's sister)" he said and Hifzah smiled at him while replying.

"What are you doing here Aanabia?" she questioned her daughter who shrugged.

"To change?"

"You are meant to go to your in-laws place, the first thing after Nikah!" scolded Hifzah and Aanabia turned to Yazdan with a pout. Yazdan shrugged. I don't think we can make it there this fast, Khala. 

"Actually, that would be difficult" Yazdan told Hifzah, who frowned at him.

"Difficult? Why?" she asked, still standing by the door and not letting the two inside.

"Because her in-laws place is all the way in Gold Coast, Australia" he replied and by the looks of his mother-in-law's expression, he knew he won. Hifzah sighed and let them inside.

"Nahal is upstairs in the library" she called out to Aanabia who rushed onto the steps towards her room. Hifzah rolled her eyes at her and turned to her son-in-law who stood there awkwardly. He rubbed his neck and Hifzah smiled.

"Do you want some tea?" she asked him and he shook his head, quickly.

"Jazak Allah Khair. I have to go....... Back. To change." He told her and she nodded. Yazdan turned to walk out of the living room when he was called back by Hifzah.

"Thank you" she told him and he frowned.

"Thank you? For what, Khala?" he asked her and she smiled at him.

"For accepting my Aanabia the way she is. She is not the most easy person to get along with but truth be told, she is an amazing person. Please don't hurt her" she told him with tears brimming her eyes. Yazdan shook his head at his mother-in-law.

"I should be thanking you, Khala. You gave me someone as amazing as her. So Thank you. I promise to look after and love her to the best of my ability" he told her and she let out a grin.

"Good. Because any other way, she would have your head on silver platter, Yazdan" laughed Hifzah and Yazdan chuckled too.

"Alright Khala. As salaam." With that, he turned and walked out of the house without once looking back.

-

Aanabia took a bath and changed into sweats and tees, tying her hair in a messy bun. She sighed in relief when her body felt light. Grinning to herself, she picked up her phone and opened Viber. She had saved Yazdan's number as Yaza and she did not know why. But nonetheless, she messaged him a sticker, waiting his response. Last seen online 3 minutes ago. She read.

A sticker was sent back. It was a bear hug saying Hi. She let out a small laugh before sending the Koala Bear heart sticker.

Cute.

The two sent stickers to each other back and forth until he called. Aanabia smiled.

"As salaam alaikum" he said.