Chapter 25

Eli and I have been spending every chance we get together over the last week. Gracie has come around to us being a thing.
She has been really supportive and said I bring out a different side of her brother that she hasn't seen before. She said she thinks I'm the one.
Truth be told, I'm completely and irrevocably in love with Eli. He has awakened a part of me that I didn't know I had. He makes me laugh and he thinks me being clumsy is adorable. I wish he thought that when we met. Everything is falling into place. I really can see us working through the distance and being a couple. I want to talk to him about it because I only have 2 days left in Denmark. The thought of leaving him behind to go back to NYC while he's here for another month is tearing me a part.
I haven't really talked to Eli about it since we want to be in the moment as much as possible. I wonder if he thinks about it as much as I do. I wonder if I mean as much to him as he does to me.
I could really use a pep talk from Annie. Her and I have hardly spoken on this trip. We constantly are playing phone tag. I'll just fill her in when I get home on Tuesday.
I put the final touches on my lip gloss before heading to Eli's. He said he has something planned and I don't know what it is. I'm very excited.
I decided to take a cab to his house so I don't have to walk. I pay the cab fair and approach the big wooden doors.
I knock on the door expecting either Gracie or Eli to answer, but it's not. Some platinum blonde girl with big lips and a fake tan opens the door.
She came off rather rude to top it off "who are you?"
"I'm here to see Eli."
"Awe cute! But you must be greatly mistaken. I'm his girlfriend, Kenzie. Eli and I have been together for 4 years. I just came to surprise him. So why don't you and any of the other girls from Denmark who have a fan club back off." And slammed the door in my face.
Hurt and anger flow through me. I feel my stomach in my throat. Tears are brimming at the edges. Girlfriend?
I hurriedly find another cab to haul down to take me back to my hotel.
I have never felt this kind of hurt.
I barley let him stop the car before handing him my money and sprinting to my room.
I throw everything in my bags. I'm going home. I didn't want this as my summer.
The tears were really coming. I could hardly hold them back.
Once my last bag was packed there's a knock on the door. Eli.