Chapter 74

I've been sitting on the shower floor for so long. The hot water is now cold. I turn off the shower and get a towel. I look in the mirror and I don't even look like myself. I look so let down. Afraid. I just don't know what to expect. Eli stopped knocking on the door a while ago. He finally realized I need my space from him right now.
On a sigh I unlock the door and when I open it Eli was just sitting there. He looked up at me and got up quickly. "Baby, please let me explain everything..." I start to tear up again and shake my head and walk to our room for clothes. "Come on, Emma. Please talk to me! I was going to tell you about Kenzie being pregnant when the time was right." I sigh and wipe a tear that had fallen. I can't look at him without falling apart right now. I blame some of it on my hormones.
I grab one of Eli's hoodies and a pair of my leggings and put it on. I'm just looking for comfort right now. I glance at Eli and he's just watching me. He walks over to me and I put my hand out and back away into the wall. "Please, Emma..." I start to sob and slide down the wall to the floor. Eli puts his arms around me and keeps telling me that he loves me and is so sorry for not telling me. There's still so much that is left unsaid right now. We haven't talked about the elephant in the room because I can't handle it right now. I just sit there in Eli's arms. Every so often he kisses the top of my head. I sniffle and say "I'm going to sleep." And started to get up and Eli stopped me to look me in the eyes and told me he loves me. I nod my head and made my way over to the bed and turned off the lamp. I love Eli more than anything, but I feel like I don't know him. I know he wants to explain everything, but I just need time to absorb what I heard from his dad tonight verses him. I hear Eli sigh and get in beside me. He puts his arm around my waist and pulls me toward him so he's holding me from behind. I don't object. I stay quiet. He thinks I'm asleep and says "I know you're mad and upset with me, but I love you Emma. I will never give up on having you forgive me." And kisses the back of my head. That's all I remember until the alarm goes off for us to wake up.