Chapter 43

I've tossed and turned all night. Eli hasn't called me either and I'm worried. I can't help but worry. I walk to my bathroom and look in the mirror. The bags under my eyes are evident and the bruise on my cheek isn't as big as I thought it would be. I am going to need a lot of concealer. Regardless.
Before I can start getting ready a wave of nausea runs over me and I empty my stomachs contents in the toilet. I flush the toilet and close the lid so I can sit for a minute.
When I finally feel as well as I can considering the situation, I get up and wash my hands and brush my teeth.
Not even a few minutes later there's a knock at my door. On a sigh I walk to the door and open it. It's Eli and he brought me flowers. "Hey..." was all I can muster up to say. My voice sounds horse.
"Good morning. I bought these for you and again I'm sorry."
"They're beautiful. Thank you." I say taking the flowers and walking from the door and him following.
"Come on Em, what can I do to make you forgive me?"
"Eli, I have forgiven you, I just feel so alone in this. Like you've just left me here by myself."
"I never wanted to make you feel that way." He looks disappointed in himself.
"It's fine..."
I walk over to him and hug him. He kisses my hair and I inhale the minty freshness aroma he brings. It instantly soothes me.
I pull back "I need to finish getting ready." And walk off to the bathroom.