Chapter 77

Eli and I are just laying on the couch and he breaks the silence. "Babe, we need to call the doctor and get you an appointment. I know a good local doctor." He knows that I'm unfamiliar with the area and he would know best. I am trusting in him and I say "okay, what's the number?"
He tells me as I enter it in my phone and call and put it on speaker.
"Women's Specialist of Chicago this is Holly speaking."
I clear my throat before speaking "hi, Holly. My name is Emma Williams. Are you accepting new patients?"
"Yes, we are! Are you coming in for an annual?"
"No, I am 8 weeks pregnant with twins and recently moved to the area. My boyfriend and I went to the ER last night since I had abdominal pain. They said I need to reach out to my doctor."
Holly replies quickly "you did the right thing going in and calling us when you did. We can get you in at 3:00 this afternoon. Make sure to bring your insurance card and ID."
"I will. Thank you." And hung up.
I check the time and it's 12:00. I can get ready about 1:30 and be fine. I let out a small sigh. Eli looks at me quizzically and says "what's going on in that beautiful mind?"
I look at him and smile "I was just thinking about the babies and making sure I'm doing everything right."
He kisses my stomach and says "you are doing everything for our babies. You just don't realize it. Worrying is just going to make it worse." He kisses my forehead and picks me up and carries me to the kitchen. He places me on the counter and says "food for the babies!" I let out a small giggle. He grabs stuff to make a salad and I look at him. He catches me and says "what? Do you not want a salad?" I laugh and say "no... I want protein! I want chicken or something delicious!" He laughs. "Your wish is my command." He pulls the chicken out of the refrigerator and starts the process of cooking. I start biting my lip because these hormones are driving me crazy! I just want Eli to come back over here. He senses my eyes on his back and turns around to look at me. He sees my lip in between my teeth and his breath hitches before he groans. He walks over to me and says "you still don't know what that does to me do you?" I look at him still biting my lip trying not to smile. He quickly puts his hands on my face and brings my lips to his. Next thing you know, the smoke detector is going off. I start laughing as Eli is frantically disposing of the burnt chicken and opens some windows. Eli looks over at me and I am having a fit of laughter. He starts laughing with me and said "let's do take out." In between laughs I say "okay, chef" and solute him. He rolls his eyes and says "sarcasm doesn't suit you, babe." And kisses me quickly and picks me up off the counter so I can get ready.