Chapter 37

Eli kept apologizing on the way back to my apartment for what his cousin did to me. I kept telling him I'm fine and that he didn't need to take me. Of course he insisted he wasn't letting me be alone.
He had rented a car so he drove straight to my apartment. I got out of the car before he did and walked into the lobby to the elevator and he followed closely behind. I tried keeping my distance, but he was watching me like I was about to break. I was on the inside, but I'll be fine.
The elevator chimed and the doors opened to my floor. There isn't much to my apartment so I'm highly embarrassed that he's going to see it. I unlock the dead bolt and go inside. He closes the door behind me.
I go to walk into my bedroom to get out of these clothes, but he grabs my hand making me turn toward him. He then pulls me into a hug. It took me a second to register what he's doing and I hugged him back as if my life depended on it. I need him.
He has to feel the same way too. When he leans back a little he looks at me and says "Emma, I'm so sorry for everything with Kenzie and what happened when you left Denmark. You're the only person I want to be with and I know I messed it up by not even reaching out to you over the last month, but I didn't know what to say. " he was rambling on and on and apologizing. I had forgiven him a long time ago, I was just hurt. Beyond hurt, really. I cut him off by kissing him. Thankfully, he kissed me back. It was a meaningful, but gentle kiss. He pulled away and looked me in the eyes and said "I'm never going anywhere without you again." I nod my head and hug him.