Chapter 73

I woke up to loud banging on the front door. I almost jump up. I rollover to see if Eli was next to me and he wasn't. I guess he never came to bed after talking to his dad.
Eli must have gotten the door because I hear loud talking turn to shouting. Eli cuts whoever it is off and says angrily "will you quiet down? Emma is sleeping!" I know eavesdropping is wrong, but I'm curious to who it is and why they're here at this hour.
It must be Eli's dad because I hear him say "I will not quiet down, Eli! You haven't been back at the company one day and you're letting some girl dictate your future?" Ouch... that hurts. I haven't even met his dad yet and he's already passing judgement on me.
Eli sounds irate and says "she's more than just some girl! I love her!" His dad laughed at his comment. "How can you be so sure? She's probably using you for the family fortune!"
"You don't know a thing about her! You've never met her! She's perfect to me and she's the mother of my babies!" Oh no... we weren't going to say anything for a few weeks. I'm completely taken aback.
I peak around the corner without being seen. Eli's dad is red in the face and it's frightening. I can't help but fear for what's coming Eli's way.
"Babies? You're telling me you got this girl pregnant! When will you learn? Do you not remember what happened last time when Kenzie was pregnant?" What? Eli got Kenzie pregnant? I feel completely blindsided. Tears brim at the edges of my eyes. I didn't stay hidden anymore and said to Eli "this isn't your first time?" He turned quickly and looked at me and rushed to me. He put his hands on my cheeks and I push him away. "Baby, please let me explain everything..." I cut him off. "You lied to me." As a tear spills over. I walk to the bathroom and lock the door and turn on the shower.
I sit on the shower floor letting the water wash over me. I hear Eli knocking on the door, but I don't even respond. I'm so hurt. How could he not tell me? Does he have a child I know nothing about? There's so many questions that I don't have answers to. Will he be honest with me or will he leave me like he left Kenzie? Being pregnant and going through this is so hard. I feel so alone. My heart is broken.