Chapter 66

The anticipation inside of me is growing. Where is Eli taking me? I keep glancing over at him and smile. He caught me at one point and said "I'm still not telling you." And chuckles. I start to pout and that makes him laugh more. We pull off onto a side road out of the city. Because I'm the weirdest person ever, I ask "is this where you're taking me to kill me?" In such a light hearted tone. Eli makes a funny face and bursts out laughing. "Em, stop being dramatic. I'm still not telling you." I huff and cross my arms. But still side glance him and I have a smile on my face. He takes his right hand off the steering wheel and makes me uncross my arms by taking my left hand and intertwining our fingers. He lifts my hand up to his mouth and he kisses it. My heart literally melts. I love this man so much it hurts. I look at him and blush. I lean my head into the headrest and turn to face him. His eyes are focused on the road. I inwardly smile and sigh. I couldn't resist telling him "I love you." He glances over at me and smiles. "And I love you, Emma Mae." I blush and he notices and chuckles.
About 15 minutes go by and we pull up to this small restaurant. It's a cute place, but not what I expected. Eli parks the car and tells me to wait in my seat. He gets out of the car and walks around to open my door. He holds out his hand for me to take and helps me out of the car. I couldn't help but smile and say sweetly "thank you." He smiles and says "anything for you." I smile and he returns it with a million dollar smile. The one that makes my knees weak.
Eli puts his hand on the small of my back and guides me inside.
The restaurant is breathtaking. It wasn't what I was expecting at all. The artwork is wonderful. Someone had a keen eye when decorating. The hostess knew where to take us without even asking our name and if we have a reservation. We go to a private room where there's one round table in the center with candles everywhere. I put my hand to my mouth and gasp in awe. I turn to Eli and say "Eli this is beautiful. This is too much."
He smiles and said "nothing is too much for you. I wanted to do this. My beautiful girlfriend deserves a beautiful night."
He kisses my cheek and guides me to the table and pulls out my chair. The food is already in front of our chairs with a dish cover that is instantly removed by the waiter as soon as we are seated. He sits across from me and all I want to do right now is be encased in his arms. He is so perfect. Beyond perfect. I must have zoned out for a few minutes because Eli says "what's going on in that beautiful mind?" As he lifts his glass of water. I giggle lightly. "I'm thinking about how lucky I am... how lucky our baby is... and above all... how much I want you to pay our waiter and take me to bed." Woah. No filter and oh hormones. Probably a bad time to say the last part because he choked on his water. He glances over at the waiter and says "check please." I smile knowing he wouldn't be able to resist. He looks at me with a cheeky grin and shakes his head. I bite my lip in return. He gets up from the chair and helps me up and kisses me and leans his forehead against mine and says "what are you doing to me baby?" I smile and bite my lip again. He kisses me once more and we leave the restaurant.