Chapter 79

3 Weeks Later

Everything has been absolutely perfect! I have been on cloud 9 since moving in with Eli. Sure, we've had a few hiccups and my hormones are not helping at all, but we powered through it. He's my whole heart. He's been a heaven sent through the first trimester. My morning sickness is still there, but not nearly as severe since my doctor prescribed me some medicine to take.
Eli is working so hard trying to impress his dad and not let him down. I still haven't met his parents yet. They're having a gala at Eli's childhood home that we are going to tonight. Eli said it's probably best that I met them there when there's a lot of people so they can't be ugly about our unexpected pregnancy with twins. My nerves are going wild, but I trust him with all my heart.
I just finished the final touches of my hair. The curls are in place and I've made it into a half up/half down style. My makeup looks decent... I am going for a natural look and put on a nude lip.
I walk out of the bathroom and stop at our doorway to our bedroom and notice Eli putting on his suit. I got lost in a daze when he noticed me and I was biting my lip and said "enjoying the view?" And did the half up smile that I adore. I blush and shake my head. He walks over to me and kisses me softly before taking my hand and guiding me fully into our room.
I'm so nervous about tonight and walk over to our closet to get the dress I'm supposed to wear. I decided to wear a black full length dress so I could wear flats. It's early on in my pregnancy, but my feet are starting to swell. As I pull out the dress I let out a sigh and Eli asks me "what's wrong babe?"
I turn and look at him and say "I'm really worried about tonight..." he looks at me with sincere eyes and walks over to me and puts his hands on my cheeks and tells me there isn't anything I need to worry about and kisses me. He pulls away and I smile at him lightly.
I don't know why, but it's just a gut feeling that something is going to happen and I just can't figure out what...