Chapter 4

I walk out of the lobby doors and onto the busy streets of Denmark. My heart is beating so fast. I decide to make a stop at the a nearby coffee house. It's a small shop and it's packed.
I get in line and a loud blonde girl gets behind me. I subtly roll my eyes.
The blonde girl taps me on my shoulder and says "nice outfit" and eyes me up and down. I quietly say "thank you." This place really is for tourists. I was not expecting English speaking. From anyone.
As I'm about to face forward again, she holds out her hand and says "I'm Gracie and this is my friend Ruby." I accept her handshake "I'm Emma."
"Well, Emma. What brings you to beautiful Denmark?" I am a little hesitant at first and decide on "I have always wanted to come here and didn't want to push it off any longer."

Thankfully my answer sufficed. She didn't push further. She simply replied "I know what you mean! My family has been coming here since before I was born! It's something we look forward to every year. You should come hang out with us this afternoon! You won't feel so alone." Before I can object, she says "I insist and won't have it any other way."
I say "okay..." as I approach the barista to place my order.
"May I please have a grande, non-fat Cappuccino with cinnamon?"
"That'll be 28.52 Danish Krone." I hand him my money and grab my coffee. Gracie side glances me to make sure I wait for her.
5 minutes later her and Ruby approach me again. Ruby says "Emma, this is going to be so much fun!!!" They link their arms in mine and we are out the door. What did I get myself into?