Yazdan looked out of the large window, seeing the life outside the small cafe. The rain had gone down a few notche, it was only drizzling now. A few people walked around the place with an umbrella and shopping bags and small children played in the water puddles. He let out a small smile when he saw a little child of age no more than 3, jumping into a large puddle of water causing it to splash all around him. He sheepishly smiled up at the woman with him and she shook her head at him. Yazdan was reminded of his childhood. His brothers used to do that to him, splash water all over him during rainy seasons.

"Earth to Yazdan!" he tilted his head to Yahyah who was already standing up. "Let's leave. I have work and mom just called. Our neighbors have invited us for dinner"

Yazdan nodded and stood up, taking his lime juice with him. He followed Yahyah out of the cafe and walked towards where he had parked his Mercedes. Yazdan's converse hit the pavement with a squeak and Yahyah's dressing shoes hit with a tap. The two looked very different. While one was dressed in Armani and finest of Paul Evans, the other was dressed in Jeans, a cardigan and a pair of All Stars. Yahyah unlocked his car and Yazdan got in the passenger seat, dusting off a few coats of water on him.

"You want me to drop you home before I go to the office?" asked Yahyah, pulling on his seat belt and starting the ignition. Yazdan shook his head.

"Office. Let's see what you do" he replied and Yahyah rolled his eyes.

"You know what I do, Yaz"

"You work under trucks, not in offices, Yaha." replied Yazdan and Yahyah shrugged.

"It is time to step up I guess. Anyway, did you call Qaidah Aunty?" he changed the topic.

*

The Y&Co. Engineering building was a 9 storey building of glass and steel. Mostly glass. Y&Co. Engineering, stood out at the top in cursive. Rain was pelting down on the floor to ceiling windows and people rushed all around the place. A few whispers of 'The CEO is in country' and 'Did you hear? The CEO will be here anytime soon' rotated around the office. Yahyah parked his car at the basement garage and the two friends got off, before walking to the elevators. Yahyah locked his car behind him.

The lobby was warm, in contrast to the basement and Yazdan found himself taking off his cardigan. Yahyah walked towards the reception and knocked on it. The lady at the reception held up a finger to him, asking him to wait. Yazdan raised an eyebrow at Yahyah who shrugged with a hint of smirk.

"They don't know?" Yazdan asked him, taking a seat at one of the chairs at the lobby. Yahyah took a seat beside him, pulling out his phone from his pocket.

"I didn't find it necessary to tell them. I told my CAO and asked him to arrange a meeting with the design team today. We have a deal with the Ibrahim Corp., so this is a big deal" said Yahyah and Yazdan nodded, looking around the place.

The reception lady walked over to them and smiled.

"I am so sorry gentlemen, that was an important call. How may I help you?" she said and the boys stood up, bowing slightly to her.

"It is alright. I wish to speak with Jacob Cosmo" said Yahyah giving the lady a small smile. She returned it back with an apology.

"We have an important meeting today, sir. Mr. Cosmo is busy right now"

"Do tell him, his 2:05pm meeting is here" he told him and Yazdan rolled his eyes. He did not understand why his best friend was adamant to not tell them who he was.