Trying to Breathe

Start from the beginning

"There they are love, let's go." Louis gently pulls him over to where the boys are sitting, sitting down and smiling at his friends. "Tommo! How've you been?" Niall asks, taking a big sip of his beer. "Good Nialler, what about yourself? How was everyone over in Ireland?" Niall nods, starting a story about how he and Theo had played a massive prank on Greg.

"Can I get you gentlemen anything to drink before you order?" The waitress asks, a kind smile gracing her lips as she waits for Louis and Harry to decide. "I'll just have a water, thank you." Harry says, fiddling with his hands. "I'll have what he's having thank you." Louis says, pointing to Niall's beer and placing a reassuring hand on Harry's knee. "What's up?" He asks after the woman had left.

"Nothing, I'm fine... guess 'M just having a bad day or something." He mumbles, referring to his anxiety. "It's alright love, you think it was the paps outside? Maybe even the fans?" Harry nods a little cuddling into Louis' side as Liam and Niall grin at them.

"I'm so happy you two finally get to be public about your relationship." Liam says, making Harry blush as he takes a sip of his water. "Are you gentlemen ready to order?" They all nod, listing off what they'd like. "That doesn't have nuts in it right?" Harry asks, pointing to an item on the menu. "It does, but just as a part of the sauce, I can ask the chef if he can make it without, if you like?" Harry nods, thanking her. "I'll be back soon with that." She walks off again, leaving them to start another conversation. "How's Bear?" Louis asks, kissing Harry's cheek.

Liam nods. "He's well, I'm seeing him next weekend. Might have him for it too, Cheryl might have to work and she still wants me to be part of his life." All the boys nod, the conversation moving to Freddie. "We'll have to go over and see 'im soon won't we, H?" Harry nods, gushing about how cute the small boy is. "Ok, here is your meals... I hope you enjoy, if there's any problems, call me over." The boys nod, smiling and thanking her.

They all eat quietly, Harry furrowing his brow as he bites into a piece of his chicken. "Lou, does that taste like nuts to you?" He mumbles, giving it to Louis. "It does, Nialler.. can you call the waitress over, please?" Niall nods, looking around for her and waving her over.

"It's alright Haz, we'll get you sorted in two seconds love, I promise."

"Is there a problem?" She asks, smiling at them. "Yes there is," Liam starts, watching as Harry starts to cough. "My friend here asked for his chicken to be made with out the nut sauce. And that obviously didn't happen, he's very allergic to nuts. So, can you please do us a favour and ring for an ambulance?" She nods, biting her lip and looking like she wants to cry.

Louis reaches into Harry emergency bag. Pulling out one of his epipens. "Ready, love? You're doing so well, sweets." Harry watches him, his breathing laboured, his cheeks now flushed. He quickly takes the cap off, counting with Harry before he stabs it into his thigh.

"3, 2, 1." Harry winces slightly, Louis notices his face starting to swell. "1, 2, 3, count with me babes, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10." He pulls it out, leaning over to kiss Harry's cheek. "Lou..." He wheezes, his eyes filled with panic. "It's alright, someone's ringing an ambulance for us, love. We're gunna get you fixed up, sweets." He watches as Harry's face slowly becomes more and more swollen, his eyes barely open now as the paramedics come racing in. "He's allergic to nuts, and his chicken had some on it... I think his throat might be closing up." Louis says to the paramedic, making her nods.

"Hello love, my name's Poppy. Have you had taken any epinephrine?" Louis and Harry both nod, Liam and Niall sitting back and biting their lips. "Alright love, are you struggling to breath? You sound pretty wheezy. James, can we get some oxygen, please? And another dose of adrenaline." The other paramedic nods, quickly doing as she'd asked. "Ok, I'm just going to put this over your mouth, love, just to help you breath a little more." Harry doesn't put up much of a fight, coughing more as he sits on chair looking worriedly at Louis. "It's ok, Hazza babe, they're gunna give you some more stuff and make you feel better."