Spread Awareness

I got inspo for this from reading the epilepsy verse on AO3, if you've not read it I highly recommend it.

"Good morning sunshine, what are you gunna have for breakfast?" Harry asks as his and Louis' eldest sleepily walks out to the kitchen for breakfast. "Just some toast and a tea please dad... where's papa?"

Harry puts some bread in the toaster for her, and boiling the jug again. "Auntie Lottie called him this morning, before anyone got up, and asked if he could go and check on uncle Tommy because he hasn't talked to her in few days." Darcy nods, smiling as her youngest sister comes into the room, bumping into the bench as she tries to cuddle up to Harry. "Good morning baby girl, where's Ollie?" He asks as he picks her up, kissing her little cheek. He loves all three of he and Lou's kids, Darcy and the twins - Oliver or Ollie and Grace.

"He still sleepin' Daddy." She yawns, resting her head on his shoulder. "Well how about you sit with sissy while daddy goes and wakes him up." She nods, making grabbing hands to Darcy. But before Harry can safely pass her to her sister, an absence seizure takes over his brain.

Forcing him stop everything, he stands completely still, making Darcy quickly grab her sister. "Daddy?" The little girl questions, tears in her eyes, this is the first seizure either of the twins are yet to see him have. He blinks frequently, then starts to sigh, picking at his clothes and still blinking rapidly. "Hey Gracie, why don't you go and wake Ollie up for daddy? He's a bit sick, but he'll be alright." The you get nods, toddling out and up to the room she shares with her brother, who is older by only two minutes. "It's ok daddy, I'm right here... Papa should be coming home soon." She whispers as she calls her other father.

"Papa, daddy's having a seizure... not a big one though, just a little one.." She rambles as Louis picks up his phone. "Alright sweetheart, just stay with him, and he might be a little confused when he comes out of it. The twins aren't in there are they?" She makes a noise of disagreement, making Louis sigh thankfully. "Okay, I'm just leaving Aunt Lottie's now, so I'll be home in about five minutes. "The girl nods as she watch her father, she recognises that he's coming to, slowly. "I think he's coming to now papa, bye I'll see you when you get here." She hangs up without another word, gently placing her hand on his back as he looks around the room, his brow furrowing as he tries figure out where in the world he is. "Hey daddy, it's ok... you're alright, you just had a seizure."

He reaches out in front of him, grasping for the air and sniffing loudly. She remembers Louis telling her about auras. "It's just an  aura daddy, let me help you sit down." She says as she grabs his outstretched hand then helps him sit down. "Mmm.... What? What happened Darc?" He mumbles, rubbing his head and peering around the room. "You just a little seizure daddy, it's ok... I got Gracie before she got hurt. Papa said he'll be here as soon as he can." He nods, his shakes hands rubbing his thighs. "Did you take your medicine?" Harry shakes his head, tears coming to his eyes. "Here, let me just get you a glass of water." Harry nods, grabbing the glass of water and taking his pills. "Thank you baby girl, I'm sorry that happened... I'm just a little forgetful sometimes." She nods, kissing his cheek. Louis chooses then to walk in, rushing straight to Harry and coddling him. "Lou, I'm fine... I just had an absence, I'm fine you don't need to coddle me." Harry snaps, making Louis retreat his hand. "Daddy.... you had an absence and then the other one... I don't- papa what's it called?"

Louis nods, knowing she's talking about complex partial seizure. "A complex partial?" She nods, looking to Harry as the man slumps in his chair. "For fucks sake! Can I not have one bloody day when I don't have a bloody seizure and almost drop my daughter?" Harry swears, and Louis is shocked because Harry hardly ever swears. He's only ever heard him swear like this a handful of times. "It's ok H, Darc was here to make sure no one got hurt."