Mama's Special Boy

There will definitely be a part 2 to this, I have done my research but please forgive me if any facts are wrong but also remember each case of Autism is different.

Birth:

Anne Twist, then Styles, had had an amazing pregnancy, no problems, she and Desmond were expecting their little angel to arrive in late April, so when Anne went into an early labour in the early hours of the 2nd of February, they were both scared out their minds.

"Aunty Jay... I hold mama baby?" A 2 year old Gemma asks as her, Jay and a little Louis walk down to see the girls mother. "No darling, he's very little and sick right now but you can give mummy a big hug." The girl giggles, nodding her head.

They quietly walk into Anne's room, seeing her sleeping and Desmond reading a magazine. "Daddy! I miss you!" She squeals, making both Jay and Des gently shush her. "Darling you have to be quiet because mummy's very tired, but we missed you too." Gemma nods, looking at her mother and smiling to Louis as the little boy sits contently on his mother's lap. "Wanna see mama baby! Aunty Jay say I not hold him." She pouts making Des smile at her. "You can't darling, he's to little for you to hold, to little for even mummy and daddy to hold... but I can show you." Gemma nods, so Des takes her into the NICU to see her brother.

While the father and daughter have a bit of bonding time, Jay, Anne and Louis talk about the little baby. "He was so small Jay, I didn't even get to hold him. Des said he looks just like me though..." She smiles, watching as her friends son plays with a little car on the ground. "It's ok, you'll get to hold him soon. Maybe I can sneak you in tonight, Boo-Bear, come and say hi to Aunty Anne." The child looks up to his mother, then to her friend.

"Aunty Anne!" He giggles, climbing up on to her bed, with the assistance of his mother. "Be careful Boo-Bear."

He hugs the older woman close, and laying on her chest.

5 years old:

"Gemma darling will you get your brother? Tell him it's time for breakfast." The mother asks as her eldest walks into the kitchen, her doll clutched in hand. "Yes mama!" She agrees, walking back out and into the lounge room, seeing her special brother sitting on the couch and rubbing his hands together, almost like he was trying to warm himself up. "Hazza," She whispers, know that he doesn't like loud noises. "Mama said we have to have breakfast..."

She gently sticks her hand out, looking at his eyes, that never seem to be able to look at anyone. "NuhNuh.... ahhh!" He whimpers, flapping his hands next to his ears and humming. The eldest child quickly walks back out to the kitchen informing their mother of what happened. "It's ok Gem, it's not your fault." Their mother smiles, kissing her head and walking out to her son.

"Harry baby, come and have breakfast." She gently tries, watching as he looks at anything but her. "Mmmmm..." He hums, clapping his hands and rocking back and forth gently. "C'mon my baby, mama made your favourite... granola with honey, banana and yoghurt."

Harry looks at her for a second, thinking about it. "Mmmmmm..." He mumbles, making grabby hands to her. "Ok let's go." She smiles, picking him up and kissing the side of his head. "NuhNuh!" Harry groans, slapping her face.

"No Harry, we do not hit! You say sorry to mama now please." She scolds, sitting him on his chair and kneeling in front of him. "Uh!" He groans softly, not understanding why he's being scolded. "You hit mama and you know that's a big no no isn't it?" He nods softly, looking at his toes and wriggling them. "So what do we do when we do a no no?" She demonstrates to show him. "Sign sorry for mama baby boy, c'mon you can do it." She watches as he slowly rises his hand up in a closed fist and moves it gently around in a circle.