I Miss You Daddy

Bawled my eyes out writing this.... hope y'all enjoy it, I'll be in the corner crying ✌️

Louis bites his lip as he hovers behind the door of his daughter's room. "It's been a year daddy... I really really miss you, papa says you have lotsa fun now and that you don't even have a bedtime!" Tears gather in his eyes as he listens to his daughter. "Papa misses you lots.. sometimes he cries at night and he doesn't think I know, but I make him better cause I say the monsters are in my room and lets me sleep in your bed with him." Louis let's out a silent chuckle, wiping away the tears.

"We had your favourite dinner tonight! And I ate all my peas! Papa says you'd be proud of me... goodnight daddy.. I love you." Louis takes a deep breath, wiping his eyes and walking into his daughter's room and tucking her into bed and turning her night light on. "Alright, remember if you're scared, papa's door is always open." She nods, hugging him tightly and bidding him goodnight as he leaves.

"It's been five years daddy

"It's been five years daddy... Papa went out with his friends the other night, for the first time in ages... he kept sending Nanni messages and asking if I was ok and he came home really early." Louis stops, waiting to see if she says more. "I'm in fifth grade now daddy, and I like it when we get to write stories... Papa says I might be a writer when I grow up, but I think I wanna be a doctor... so I can help people like you daddy."

Louis sits himself down on the floor, silently sobbing as he listens to his daughter. "'M don't have to sleep with my night light on anymore... Nanni says I look more and more like you every time she sees me, but I don't think I'll ever be as pretty as you were... I miss you Daddy."

"It's been ten years Daddy

"It's been ten years Daddy... I still really miss you, so does Papa even though he denies it sometimes. I got top grades in all my classes, I hope you're proud of me. I met a nice boy... Papa doesn't know yet, but I really like him... his name is Ryan and he's so nice Daddy. I love you daddy."