Special little baby

Anne Twist could not have had a better pregnancy, of course she had swollen feet and a sore back just like every other pregnant woman, but she had no complications. That was until her and her partner found out that their baby had a congenital infection. And then when little Harry was born, it was discovered that he had HIE or Hypoxic Ischemic Encephalopathy which basically means he didn't have have blood flow to the brain when he was born causing severe brain damage and leaving the poor boy with cerebral palsy and epilepsy. Now though, 22 years later things are looking up for the parents as they have recently been told they can if needed ask for an assistant respite worker to come in as many days as wanted to help out with Harry.

Harry's P.O.V.

"Good morning baby, dad's cooking is some pancakes... I think we should get up and get some breakfast so we can get a good start to our day." Mum says coming into my room and seeing me waking up, I know from normalcy that it's about 6:30 a.m. and dad will have cooked breakfast by the time mum gets me out there. If your wondering, I have brain damage and cerebral palsy which means I have total paralysis in all four of my limbs, meaning that I cannot:
A) Stand or walk on my own.
B) Talk, but with that being said I have a very capable mind, I just can't convey what I want to say.
And C) Literally do anything on my own, so my life is pretty sucky but it could be worse so I'm not complaining.

Mum moves my chair over next to my bed, getting ready to transfer me from my bed to my chair. "Alright bubba, I know you hate this bit the most so we'll make it quick." Mum whispers, kissing my forehead and putting the sling under my body.

After I'm in my chair, mum wheels me out to the kitchen and to the table, making sure to put the locks on when I'm at my place. "Here we go H, I put some choc chips in yours because I know you like them." Dad whispers in my ear, making me laugh.

"What are you boys talking about that's so funny?" Mum says as she come over, cutting up my pancakes and helping feed me as I can't do it my self. "So Haz, yesterday dad and I got a letter about having a respite worker come in maybe a couple days a week just to take the stress off of us a little, if you don't want to we don't have to but dad and I just think it would be nice to sometimes have a little break." I listen intently as she speaks to me, that's one of the things I love most about my mum, she never lets my disability get in the way of her love for me. Same cannot be said for my sister though, sometimes she's alright but most of the time she's either embarrassed by me or just doesn't talk to me, I sort of get it though I'm not your normal brother but she doesn't make an effort and it kind of hurts. I smile to mum and she finishes what she was saying.

"So, we can book an appointment to see what we can do... would you like that?" I nod with what little movement I have in my head and she smiles. "Gem's coming over today, she said she was bringing the twins." I smile again, I love my little nieces, they're so cute and they look so much like Gemma it's not funny. "She said she'll be around at about 8 or 9, so we've got a little time. But dads working today, so it'll be mummy and Harry time." I groan at her use of the word 'mummy', I absolutely despise when she babies me. "Ohh don't be a party pooper H, we can watch some movies and do what you want so it won't be to bad." She again kisses my forehead and takes my finished plate over to the sink.

She then moves me out to the lounge room, laying me down on the couch and sitting my head in her lap. "What are we going to watch first?" She holds up a few options and I try and groan out a response but as usual I fail. "How about you nod for which one?" I nod once to let her know I like the idea then she holds up the options one by one. We end up picking my personal favourite 'The Notebook' with Ryan Gosling who is to die for. FYI I'm gay by the way, and mum and dad know that so does my whole family who are totally accepting towards it. Before I know what's happening, my eyelids are getting heavier and I'm fast asleep.